Steering wheel removal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txhillbillie

The bolt holes for the puller in my steering wheel are shot. How can I pull the steering wheel w/out those bolt holes?
Thanks,

Josh

i back the big nut till its even with the end of shaft. sit in the seat put pressure on the bottom of wheel with my legs grab the top with my left hand and pull back. then with my right hand hit the nut with a big hammer

Old junk yard trick. Back off the nut brace yourself against the under side wheel and put pressure. Have your buddy hit the end of the column with a good size hammer. Just make sure the nut is on the end. If not it hurts like hell when the wheel hits you.

Use an impact hammer on the center of the rod!! Be sure and leave the nut on, but loosened, put some pressure on the wheel with your knee and one hand, use the hammer in the other. Usually will pop it right off!!
I've found that the punch bit works best, especially if the rod has an indentation in it!!

i back the big nut till its even with the end of shaft. sit in the seat put pressure on the bottom of wheel with my legs grab the top with my left hand and pull back. then with my right hand hit the nut with a big hammer

X2 what he said

Latest posts

Back