predator carb on THAT 454

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
time for a carb change- cruise at 7Omph [cl no lag or bog and no problem till the edlebrock 625 died, it needs rebuilt but worked on the 2 barrel intake conversion l reversed engineered really well..[cl - l got a predator 6OOO series l am rebuilding to put on her.

with the variable venturi design of the Predator carburetor it allows it to work strictly off of the air demand of the engine and meters fuel in a direct relationship to that demand.

will it work 0K with the TBl 2 barrel intake or ?????[S[S[S

been having a blast driving her till the carb took a dump--

guess l will try the 6OOO and if it don't work l got 6OO holley [P

Later :cool:

Attachments

• vintage-predator-6000-carburetor-amc_1_4b.jpg
    vintage-predator-6000-carburetor-amc_1_4b.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 14
  • tbi swap to carb.jpg
    tbi swap to carb.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 8
  • tbi swap to carb.jpg4.jpg
    tbi swap to carb.jpg4.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
  • tbi swap to carb.jpg5.jpg
    tbi swap to carb.jpg5.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 8
Welcome back.
I've often wondered if that setup would work. Basically, you have two venturis in series, and I've found that only one will work, but I can't remember whether it's the front one or the back one. I was trying to replumb my air seeder to put seed and fertilizer in the same airflow.
Your carb is the first venturi and it must have worked for a while.
Come to think of it, you are sucking air through your setup and I was blowing air through mine. Maybe that makes a difference.

I have one of those critters. NIB. Never mounted. Somewhere in my pile of stuff. :D (The pile that is a five hour drive away.)

time for a carb change- cruise at 7Omph [cl no lag or bog and no problem till the edlebrock 625 died, it needs rebuilt but worked on the 2 barrel intake conversion l reversed engineered really well..[cl - l got a predator 6OOO series l am rebuilding to put on her.

with the variable venturi design of the Predator carburetor it allows it to work strictly off of the air demand of the engine and meters fuel in a direct relationship to that demand.

will it work 0K with the TBl 2 barrel intake or ?????[S[S[S

been having a blast driving her till the carb took a dump--

guess l will try the 6OOO and if it don't work l got 6OO holley [P

Later :cool:

That's similar to how a Rochester operates then? In terms of variable air air demand?

Skull has been absent for a while, which is a loss for all of us.

The two people I know that ran Predators, one had two on a tunnel ram, both eventually gave up.

Last edited:
The only thing I ever heard about the predator was they were pretty good racing but not very good street wise. Was hoping for a good first hand review.

I have known of several being ran over the years. Yes they are better at the track, but I have seen some nice setups. There once was a t bucket from spring texas that ran two of em a sbc 6/71 blower and idled nice and low. He drove that car everywhere. Most I have been around idled to high for my liking. Also if I remember right sideways for street and facing forward for race.

Latest posts

Back