Toplees cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So we picked up a 1916 maxwell as our first shop build. It will get built, cruised then sold. So i figured it would be a slow, budget minded build. We are keeping the budget part. Just not as slow as first though. I have scored a few deals that were to good to pass up.

The car is a bare shell, but came with a crude start to a frame. Its built with 2x3x3/16 tubing, so the material is good. But the frame is poorly put together. I will be usint the material, but pretty much starting from scratch on the frame.

I dcored a running 250 ford straight 6, all i need to find is a t 5 to put behind it. Im goin over sunday to pick up a complete model a front axle with spring and wishbone. Also a complete rear axle with spring and Wishbone. 5 good wire wheels and tires and a front cowl of un known origin. I will use all the modle a axles and springs along with tires and wheels for the running gear.

Will be a small car thats fun to drive, not a race car.

Thanks Tripper. Might be hard to find the time with the cleopatra build goin at the same time, but it will get done

I like where this is going. Something similar would have likely happened if the next guy in line got it. I'll be keeping track. :D

I like where this is going. Something similar would have likely happened if the next guy in line got it. I'll be keeping track. :D

Glad you guys like it. Ill make ya a good deal if you wana build it skip!:D

Looks like the pin up model likes it! :D Cutie![cl
Must be on the beach, all that white sand everywhere. [ddd

Hahahaha, i wish it was beach sand![cl

Got home with all my treasures today! Braved the snowey roads but it was worth it. Ill get some pics tomorrow if the blizzard lets up lol

Here are some pics of my treasures!

5 new tires on good 21" wire wheels
A solid cowl of un known origin. Not sure what ill do with it yet. Maybe a man cave piece
Also a complete front and rear axle with springs and wishbones.
Also got a spare front beam and wishbone along with a box of othe small odds and ends

Also a few better pics of the 250ci ford 6 banger

Latest posts

Back