1990 jaguar xj6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E$rnie Pintor III

So I hear people use front and rear end from jags...... do they use the engine too? I'm asking because I have a perfectly good running 90 xj6. I don't want the car so I'm thinking of selling it. But I'm wondering would someone want the parts or should I sell it as a whole. Trying to figure the value of using it or selling it.

The 'usual' or 'preferred' Jags are the 1987 and earlier if you are talking suspension. The 1990 is the model XJ-40 and it has several design changes from the Series III that do not make it easy, or practical, to use for swapping.
The Series III ended in early 1987 and is easily identified by the quad headlights as opposed to the single lamps of the XJ-40.

As far as the engines, I am a bit surprised that folks ignore the overhead cam six since it is a beautiful design. The drawback is all of the electronics needed to make it run.:(

I remember the computers for the FI as being in the trunk of the car. To me the one I looked at years ago was practically plug and play as long as you had the loom and the computer, it was an 87 S3 with a 4.2 inline six torque monster. It's biggest problem was the 3 speed automatic with tall rear end gears it was hooked to. I remember driving it up the hill to my house. While going around a steep hair pin corner I bogged it down to about 1100 rpm and it pulled like a tractor without downshifting.

Latest posts

Back