Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a brief update: I got the master cylinder installed and bled the brakes and all is good.

Even at my advanced age I am still learning. This time it was on good old RRR. The discussion about brake bleeding on a recent thread pointed out that I have been doing it a bit wrong. Picked up one of those $5.00 one man bleeders for only $6.99 because mine is in the garage attic and the Rover in blocking my pull down stairs. Read the instructions for the first time and it worked very well.

Thanks for the positive comments. Keep in mind, rough work can look good in small pictures.:eek:

I was fiddling around with the REO today putting in varnished 1/8" luan plywood door panels and I took some pics of the car. I like the way it looks from this angle.

I was fiddling around with the REO today putting in varnished 1/8" luan plywood door panels and I took some pics of the car. I like the way it looks from this angle.

I'm with forbigpicture...it's hard to find an angle that the Reo doesn't look good from!:D[cl

You guy sure know how to make a person feel good. I'm gld you likee the car.

Lytes, that's a lot of reading. I forget how much work building one fo these things is til I look back through a thread. Welcome to RRR.

It way cool Bob. Your tires might be too wide, but cycle fenders done British style would look classy. The extra lights look good.

You guy sure know how to make a person feel good. I'm glad you like the car.

Lytes, that's a lot of reading. I forget how much work building one fo these things is til I look back through a thread. Welcome to RRR.

Especially considering the "junk pile" on Page 1 that you started with:

NewProject002.jpg

I bought this flightless bird, actually swan hood ornament for a Packard. Not supposed to be wingless but that is why I got it cheap. Yesterday I carved some wings out of 3/16" by 2" steel. I'll use JB Weld to fix them to the body.

The wings fit like this but will be spread apart more.

Excellent! How is it running? Going to make it to some shows this summer?

E-man, It smokes when starting then clears up. I should pull the head and see if I forgot to put valve seals on it when I lapped the valves. Should have a proper valve job done. Otherwise it is good. Went to one show last fall & will have it out a lot this year. This one will probably get sold as I continue to downsize.

Looks awesome,Bob! Man, you churn these things out faster than a UAW assembly line!I'm a big fan of old school valve lapping, too. That's how my dad always did it when we did back yard rebuilds.

Latest posts

Back