1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fenders

I know the "Man" doesn't require me to have fenders, but I didn't like the space between the tires and the box sides, and all the stones that fly from our crappy roads, so fenders were in order.

I couldn't find any locally that were the 17 inches wide that I needed, so a local trailer supply shop had 10.75"and 9" at a good price so cut and weld was needed.
First I made some panel clamps.

Then marked the two fenders for cuts.

Right size.

Clamped together

Fitting

Continued

Last edited:
Those fenders look real good. I think I like it better than the open wheel look. Seems like everything I do is "way more work than I expected" ... glad to see I'm not alone in that. :)

Got both sides almost complete, decided to finish the back edge with 1" square tube, still have to install it on the passenger side and finish the outside corner on the drivers side.
A few pictures outside in the dull dreary weather.

Last minute decision to put the Essex in the Rides, Rods, and Rigs show at the Lethbridge Street Wheelers weekend and I brought home some hardware. They had no Rat Rod class so they gave me this one.

Attachments

• Resize of Rotation of 20170708_123425.jpg
    Resize of Rotation of 20170708_123425.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Resize of Rotation of Rotation of 20170708_163135.jpg
    Resize of Rotation of Rotation of 20170708_163135.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back