New project ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought I was bad! You just cleaned and modified the front axle, same to the rear, made a 4 link set up AND built the rear frame kick ups. All for a project you don't yet have or even know what brand / year body it will be. All based on a pair of head lights you bought. I commend you sir! Bravo! [cl[P

I was thinking the same thing!
That's how you know your good..... When you start making major suspension parts before you even know what car your putting them under :)

..... When you start making major suspension parts before you even know what car your putting them under :)

Funny, that's what my wife said..... [S
Actually, things like the 4 link are easily adaptable to most frames and the frame pieces I made also should work right into the general build plan that I have brewing . . . .
So far the $$ investment is low since the axles and steel used were leftovers, besides even if plans change, they can still get used on something else.

While I'm waiting to hear if I'll have the winning bid on the 37 Packard 120, I found a pic of a 37 Packard 115 and got busy with the scissors to come up with a new look for it. Chop, drop, section, 2 doorification, and humpback removal would give it much kooler profile. Ton of metal work..........

Attachments

• 1937-1947-packard-six-2.jpg
    1937-1947-packard-six-2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 37
  • packard ideas.jpg
    packard ideas.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 45
While I'm waiting to hear if I'll have the winning bid on the 37 Packard 120, I found a pic of a 37 Packard 115 and got busy with the scissors to come up with a new look for it. Chop, drop, section, 2 doorification, and humpback removal would give it much kooler profile. Ton of metal work..........

The finished product you have in mind reminds me a lot of your Caddy!

Can't say I've seen a Packard gasser. What's up, ZZ?

Oh boy, you hit a nerve Dr.C - here's one of my concept scribbles from my 'someday' file of dream builds...
Take a 56 Packard executive 4dr. and convert it to a 2 dr. (they never made a 2dr. sedan, only 4drs. and 2dr. hardtops) build a tube frame, lose all the ugly extra chrome off the front end, built 374 Packard V8, adapt a modern auto box, obligatory tube axle, rounded rear wheelwells and some big slicks.
Presto-change-o, "Executive Decision" is born - well, it could be...:eek:
Someday....

Attachments

• executive decision.jpg
    executive decision.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 27
Oh boy, you hit a nerve Dr.C - here's one of my concept scribbles from my 'someday' file of dream builds...
Take a 56 Packard executive 4dr. and convert it to a 2 dr. (they never made a 2dr. sedan, only 4drs. and 2dr. hardtops) build a tube frame, lose all the ugly extra chrome off the front end, built 374 Packard V8, adapt a modern auto box, obligatory tube axle, rounded rear wheelwells and some big slicks.
Presto-change-o, "Executive Decision" is born - well, it could be...:eek:
Someday....

It would require "Executive Decision" hand-painted lettering as well!

Latest posts

Back