Fire in the hole...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why he was even trying to fire it up in its current state but at least he didn't burn his moms house down lol.

Where is smokey the bear when you need him

I just had a flashback of when my youngest was 17 and thought it would be smart to jump start a smoldering fire with gas.

Ah the memories,I bought a truck when I was 17 and the guy wanted to keep the carb.So he apparently dumped the fuel into the intake by racking the throttle several times before unbolting it.Well I went to push it in the garage but couldnt get it over the lip in the concrete.Being a standard I got this great idea to put it in gear and let the starter do all the work.Well it lurched and coughed and flames shot out the intake and I was like that kid running around in circles trying to find somthing to put on it.lol Wound up burning some ign and plug wires.Its definitely more hilarious 30 years later and happening to someone else. :D

I'm amazed he survived! Can you imagine how dizzy he was from trying to blow it out and then to grab that can of gas off the cowl and running out of the garage in flames . :eek: Pretty cool "water injection" though. :D

One that was told to me for the truth---A bud went over to another bud's house to borrow his car trailer. He had been told to just back up to it and get it and go. He got there, the other guy's car was sitting outside of the garage, and he was nowhere to be found. Keys were in it, so he hopped in, hit the starter, it cranked but he couldn't get the RPM's down, so he just held the brakes and eased the car forward enough to clear the trailer.

Flash forward a few hours when he returned the trailer---
His bud was back, working under the hood of his car. He asked him who helped him push it toward the garage. He replied back, no one, he started it up and drove it forward. Bud said come here and look---no carb! He had took the carb off and had left the fuel line in the manifold. :eek:

My only oh crap moment was when I was pulling the Impala around the yard to get in the garage, when the rope broke is when I realized this car has no brakes and I am headed down a big hill. Luckily the front sheet metal was off so I centered a front tire on a tree. :eek:[cl

Latest posts

Back