Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda wondering if they plumbed you with a 50 or 100 shot nitrous set up Torchie [S
A man on a mission:cool: :D

Is that what that buttons for....[ddd
This morning progress.
Help arrived as promised so we finished the cut thru the wheel well and the rest of the rear quarter.
Added some upright bracing so that the top doesn't slip off the blocks and drop down.:eek:
Swept up the shop and turned the car around. Now for the DS.
Thanks for all the comments and for keeping an eye on me.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 31
Impressive build, Torchie.

Many people seem to overlook the 49-52 Mopars as custom material. Chopping and sectioning, as you are doing, gets rid of the boxy look and makes a very nice custom, IMO.

I think I have a deal on a 51 Dodge Wayfarer body, but I am dubious about the model name, as the definition of wayfarer is "a person who travels by foot!" Maybe that is why Dodge has not used the model name since 1952!

Impressive build, Torchie.

Many people seem to overlook the 49-52 Mopars as custom material. Chopping and sectioning, as you are doing, gets rid of the boxy look and makes a very nice custom, IMO.

I think I have a deal on a 51 Dodge Wayfarer body, but I am dubious about the model name, as the definition of wayfarer is "a person who travels by foot!" Maybe that is why Dodge has not used the model name since 1952!

[ddd [cl :D
There are more being done now then back in the day when most of the focus was on Chevy. Fords and Mercury's.
I wanted to do something a little different again and this one presented itself. So here we are.......
Torchie

More Cuts.

It's a balmy 25 degrees out in the shop so lets get to work.:eek:[ddd
Hopefully these cut all look familiar.:D
The wife insisted on the last pic. "No pics. No proof" she said.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 26
:eek: wow... yer a copy of my dad in that pic... minor difference; he was a bookseller and had no clue how to hold or use a hammer....

:eek: wow... yer a copy of my dad in that pic... minor difference; he was a bookseller and had no clue how to hold or use a hammer....
I'm sorry for your dad, dutch. LOL Though I do love books.
This one needs a caption!
attachment.php

"Where ya want me to stick this?"

Not quite what I was thinking at the time smalls.........[ddd :D
More cut tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie

This one needs a caption!

You're a bad influence mister smallfoot! (I'll keep my inappropriate caption to myself. [ddd)

Torchie, I've never attempted a section, but I've always wondered how good or bad the "halves" fit back together, no matter how well planned or cut. (I doubt they line up "right and tight" without some nasty gaps.)

Please continue to show your work... the good, the bad and the ugly serve as education to we amateurs...

You're a bad influence mister smallfoot! (I'll keep my inappropriate caption to myself. [ddd)

Torchie, I've never attempted a section, but I've always wondered how good or bad the "halves" fit back together, no matter how well planned or cut. (I doubt they line up "right and tight" without some nasty gaps.)

Please continue to show your work... the good, the bad and the ugly serve as education to we amateurs...

That's the plan Dr.
Lets hope the ugliest part of this is my Picture....:eek: [ddd
In my mind, the big thing is to get the 3" cut as perfect as possible especially at points like the door jambs, firewall corners, etc. Sort of what I consider to be the major "Resting "point. I have no doubt that there will be uneven gap in between these places in the sheet metal due to me .I got wobbly in a few spots. :D
When I mapped out the cuts I looked for areas that had the least amount of crown/internal bracing. Mainly the crown though.
If all goes according to plan,( Does it ever?) and I can find some help, I may have this put back together on Sat.
Torchie

Keep them pictures coming Torchie. I think you've infected some of us [ddd
Hmm. [S. :cool:

I thought all my shots were up to date....[ddd

This morning effort was a bit of a comedy of errors.:eek:
19 Degrees out. Glasses and safety shield fogging up constantly. Fake leg wanting to fall off under 3 layers of clothing and in the middle of all that. A heavy low blood sugar reaction. No wonder I'm exhausted.:eek:
Not my best cuts but I'm not even sure how much of this firewall will eventually remain. So it is what it is.
Top is getting real loose at this point as the only connecting area left is the inner fender well.
That's going to be it until after Thanksgiving.
"Hurrah for the pumpkin pie."....
Every one have a safe holiday.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg