Warning, I am ranting

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Ok, my wife lost her job due to complications with the twins. Dr put her on bed rest. Her job took that as she quit, so no unemployment.You have to be at a job for a year to qualify for FMLA. Now I am supporting her, myself, my daughter, the two step daughters, and about to be the twin sons. I am not to proud to ask for help. So we went and applied for food stamps. I make to much. It seems to me that if I just threatened to bomb people, they would put me on welfare in a second. If I come across as bitter at the system at the moment, I am.

Guess i better tell ya the story of how i found out life wasn't fair! I was busted with 3 kids, a wife that wouldn't work & a big mortgage! I had to ride into downtown with my neighbor because i didn't have gas or bus $$$! I had holes on both my shoes & socks! This was back in the 80's after most car companies had stopped ragtop production but Porsche had just come out with a new convertible 911. While riding to work with my neighbor one day i saw a beautiful new red 911 with a black ragtop coming up in the passenger rear view mirror & when it pulled up next to me i swear it was the ugliest woman driving it i had ever seen. Right then & there i realized... life definitely was NOT fair! Hope things lighten up for u Rev!

BoB

I don't know how that happens, a refugee from Russia can come here and get welfare while he is trying out for the Olympic boxing team, or a minority lady can have kid after kid with no "Baby Daddy" around (God, how I HATE that term) and they can also get not only welfare but their rent subsidized to the point where they pay little or nothing a month. :mad: But if a person who worked all their life needs help they are pretty much on their own.

One time I lost my job and was desperate for anything, and when I would go for interviews they kept telling me I was over qualified. :confused:

Keep your head up Rev.

Don

I've been down that road as well.

My oldest son was about a year old at the time. I went to the loca lfoodstamp office to ask for help. I didn't have any income what's so ever and they told me I had made to much in the previous 6 months. The factory I had been working at moved to china and I hadn't worked long enough to receive unemployment. They wouldn't give us anything except a lecture about young kids having kids when they can't afford them. As I'm walking out a black man wearing all new clothes yells out to his girlfriend that they dropped them to only $650 a month in foods stamps! The black couple throws a fit and leaves in their new escalade that's parked illegally right outside the door. They must of had 10 kids of all ages stuffed in it. I was in disbelieve as I got into my 1985 bronco that didn't have a straight panel on it and only had three windows left in it.

So... I have zero faith in the system also.

Keep your head up man!

Ok, my wife lost her job due to complications with the twins. Dr put her on bed rest. Her job took that as she quit, so no unemployment.You have to be at a job for a year to qualify for FMLA. Now I am supporting her, myself, my daughter, the two step daughters, and about to be the twin sons. I am not to proud to ask for help. So we went and applied for food stamps. I make to much. It seems to me that if I just threatened to bomb people, they would put me on welfare in a second. If I come across as bitter at the system at the moment, I am.

I thought they had rules against that? Maybe that is a California labor law thing, or just the union my wife worked under, but she has been off from the baby since Nov and her employer has finally told her, they need to know by June, I think, or after that they don't have to keep the position for her any longer?

She was a part time employee and had only been in the position for I think less than a year.

So, your wife doesn't get disability for some period of time as well?

The whole thing stinks.....

Doesn't seem right about the fired thing. Have you went to the labor board? They almost always side with the employee.
All that being said, jobs suck, and this is just another reason why. There are plenty of ways to get money legally and not have to be an employee. The best day I ever had on any job was the day I walked away from it. My life is so much better since I realized that. House payment, ok. All other debt is bad. One thing that makes my lifestyle "comfortable" is no payments and no credit cards. I never, ever spend money I haven't earned yet. Well, I did have a few bills after my 10 day hospital stay last year but got rid of them asap.
I know none of that really helps you right now, just had to offer it though.

Oh, check with local churches, many of them have food banks and love to help folks with kids, praise Jesus. I've even know them to buy cars, pay utility bills and cloth kids. My oldest stepdaughter has 3 bi-racial kids from all different daddys, none of whom contribute anything. Her church bought her a brand new car.

Nobody with a documented health issue should have

to go thru this crap! My Lord....she's having a baby and there are complications.....for crying out loud what kind of people are running this business??
The system caters to those who could work but don't.....cause you make anything over the poverty level and you collect squat!! It sucks...
Doesn't pay to be bitter....things like this you need to ask for some help from the guy upstairs....he hasn't gone anywhere......
Things will turn around....keep the faith .....be praying for you and the family...

So glad I'm not looking for work in this day and age. Back when I was working, I never had trouble finding a better job that paid more. Finally took a government with a great pension and health plan and never looked back. My wife, on the other hand, had a great paying job (more than me) but no pension. The company shut it's door when the economy crashed. She collected unemployment until it ran out then retired. We now live on my pension and her social security.

Latest posts

Back