What TV needs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
We need a new car centered show. Something like The Dukes, The Fall Guy, Starsky and Hutch, even CHiP's. Just been awhile since someone put one out. I think the last was in the mid 90s, The Highway man. Or VIPER. Any one remember one since then? Even I-man was cool with "Cursor" drawing the car that he got to drive.

Last edited:
Yep, cars used to be one of the stars on lots of shows. Shows like the Munsters and even Miami Vice. None will ever be like 77 Sunset Strip though ! :D

Don

Bewitched had Chevys.

NCIS has a 71-2 Challenger that Gibbs drives.

You are correct. I do remember pontiacs (I thought) but it might have been 71 or later.
Also the Beverly Hillbillys seemed to used a lot of Mopars, Like Jane Hathaways car and The bankers Imperial.
I was also thinking of Mannix, didn't he drive a 67 GTX or was it just a common Satellite/Belvedere?

Here's what the TV needs...

images

Get on the road or out in the garage...

You are correct. I do remember pontiacs (I thought) but it might have been 71 or later.
Also the Beverly Hillbillys seemed to used a lot of Mopars, Like Jane Hathaways car and The bankers Imperial.
I was also thinking of Mannix, didn't he drive a 67 GTX or was it just a common Satellite/Belvedere?

Mannix drove Mopars, so he might have had a GTX. I remember him having a Challenger.

The big three sponsored a lot of TV shows back then so they could showcase their cars. I remember Ford had The FBI, first Mustang I ever saw was on that show. At the end of the shows in the credits it usually listed who was the cars sponsors.

Still have a vision of Samatha Stevens in a blue Camaro convertible, wearing a mini skirt of course! Can't remember what excited me more, the car or her! She was a babe!

Here's a few more that I remember

Walker Texas Ranger- Dodge first, then GMC
The A Team- GMC
Beverly Hillbillies- Chrysler
Green Acres- Chrysler
Knight Rider- Pontiac, maybe also GM
Dragnet-Chrysler
Emergency!- Chrysler-Dodge

More when I think about it....

Latest posts

Back