Toxic

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
Yes, I know, not really a rat rod, but I built in the spirit. I was working on the Jeep before SEMA, as a build for myself. Then a friend of mine called me and asked if I would like to take it to SEMA. It is the first vehicle I have had at the SEMA show, so it was quite an experience for me. The whole build took a month and a half, and at the end it was rushed like on of those last hour TV builds. But I got it to 99 percent. You guys will probably talk about the fake patina. The problem is on a new jeep the real patina is pretty boring.

Yep.. I like everything about that.. excellent work per the usual! [cl

What is it that is so satisfying about faded paint and rust streaks. I think i relate it to Autumn my favorite season. The appearance of having been there,done that and still truckin' even when the shine has faded and the crowds are no longer impressed. What reaction did it get in Vegas?

I mounted a second radiator on the back of the Earthmobile to control the flatheads overheating and it looks embarrassingly hillbilly. I have to find something to make it look right and i've gotten some good ideas from the Jeep. Thanks bud! :D

What is it that is so satisfying about faded paint and rust streaks. I think i relate it to Autumn my favorite season. The appearance of having been there,done that and still truckin' even when the shine has faded and the crowds are no longer impressed. What reaction did it get in Vegas?

It was mixed, 85% said it was cool, and gave it two thumbs up. 10 % said it was not their cup of tea, but they did like the work, and details. 5% thought it was dumb. Overall it was a success!

I don't like Jeeps normally, but this looks awesome! Paint included!

Some people build a vehicle without a cohesive theme to the entire build, and certain features stick out like a sore thumb. This blends seamlessly from one end to the other. Good job!

Sorry, I have been off or here for a bit. No lift on the jeep, just a spacer on the front spring. All my stuff is for sale. I was offered 45 at SEMA, but did not sell it. No real build thread for it. But I took a lot of pictures.

Latest posts

Back