Shipping a car.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Has anyone ever used one of those shipping companies like you see on Shipping Wars ? The ones where they keep bidding lower until you get the best price.

I am looking at a car in Illinois and want to get it to Florida as cheap as possible, and it is not mint, so I don't need a high end shipper.

Anyone have any experience with them and how do you find the best one ?

Don

I've never had a car shipped but I'd probably start here on RRR by calling 21Willys. He's already near the car.

Affordable Transport, hauling parts, pieces, or whole cars. 1-765-506-1544.
Eric Bair
Summitville IN

Just my two cents.

I didn't realize he did that. I don't want to put a lot of money in this shipment and I don't care if the car isn't handled with kid gloves, it is just a parts car that I am considering buying, that is why I thought those U ship bidding guys would be ok for this one.

Not even sure if I am buying it yet, but we will see.

Thanks, guys.

Don

I have shipped a couple of cars cross country when the kids were in school. I think we just got on line and looked for one with good reviews.
The biggest obstacle you may find Don is weather or not the car runs and is drivable onto the trailer. A lot of these companies don't want to deal with something that will take a lot of work to handle. You may be better off with a single cars style shipper.
Torchie

Yeah, it is on tires and wheels, but no motor or trans, so it needs winched or pushed onto a hauler. I've got a call into Willys now, and will see what he says.

Don

Oh... I misunderstood. :eek:

mercury.jpg

Don I forgot to check my voicemail! I didn't realize it was you! If it's not to late I will call in a few minutes?

As for not running or roller, I don't care! I haul more non rollers then rollers lol. Even hauled a few that didn't have steering or even frames for that matter lol.

I've never had a car shipped but I'd probably start here on RRR by calling 21Willys. He's already near the car.

Affordable Transport, hauling parts, pieces, or whole cars. 1-765-506-1544.
Eric Bair
Summitville IN

Just my two cents.

Thanks!

I have shipped a couple of cars cross country when the kids were in school. I think we just got on line and looked for one with good reviews.
The biggest obstacle you may find Don is weather or not the car runs and is drivable onto the trailer. A lot of these companies don't want to deal with something that will take a lot of work to handle. You may be better off with a single cars style shipper.
Torchie

The problem with a lot of the big company's is that your car may be on three or more trucks before it gets to ya. And if it gets damaged everyone's gonna blame the other guy.

I once hauled a Vw thing that was professionally restored but had white leather interior in it. ( Alex treffec, the jeopardy guy, had it restored) One of the previous shippers got in it with greasy gloves and made a nasty mess in the white carpet, seat, and door panel. But since it had been on a couple trucks coming from Cali to Illinios there wasn't any proof as to who actually did it. The owner was stuck with ruined interior.

Eric, get your shorts and sunglasses on, you are coming to Florida ! :D I won the car last night on Ebay (parts car for my 46 Ford). I am trying to contact the seller now to get more details, but he is in La Rose, Ill. When I have more info I will call you.

If you need to ask me anything in the meantime, you have my phone number.

Don

Here is the car you will be picking up:

Last edited:
Eric, get your shorts and sunglasses on, you are coming to Florida ! :D I won the car last night on Ebay (parts car for my 46 Ford). I am trying to contact the seller now to get more details, but he is in La Rose, Ill. When I have more info I will call you.

If you need to ask me anything in the meantime, you have my phone number.

Don

Here is the car you will be picking up:

As soon as I get some sleep I will work on a timeline! Thanks for the business Don!

Latest posts

Back