The latest

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Dragged this pile home yesterday. 3 hours to winch it out of it's 20 something year resting place and get it on the trailer. It was drove in there and the engine isn't stuck, fingers crossed it will run.

I'd love to make a rat cruiser but I'm betting it would be a money pit to get reliable again. I have all the original wheels and sombreros. I'm thinking get it running on a jug, see if it goes into gear and send it to it's new happy owner.
Another one saved.

Nice looking old Caddy, body doesn't look bad. Maybe you will get lucky and she will start right up!

Fingers Crossed

Hope it works. That's for sure a saver [cl Are there any dents [S Scrub-a-dub and the finish would be killer. [dr

You should be able to get a quick $1000 as is, $2000 if it will start. The big money would be parting it out….not fast money of course.

Oh no...I would paint it black, sand through in a few paces, clear the whole thing, swap to my cad 501 and roll slow in the fast lane....[dr

Now you hit my soft spot.
I have always had a weakness for Caddy's.
Had a 55 Convert back in High School and then a 72 Eldo Convert as well.
If it were mine. I would make it run if possible. Drop it and drive.[cl
Torchie.

Wish I had a 500 laying around. What I do have access to is a 6.2 diesel and a broken 6.5 to get the turbo. Then I would have a 25 mpg cruiser that could tow the 56 pathfinder canned ham (that also happens to be blue and white).
BUT, it's going to take a grand just to go through the brakes and get new rubber, plus all the other small stuff. Then there's all the petrified door and window rubber, about another grand.

And then there's this blue and white 1956 Pathfinder canned ham in my yard that has just been waiting for an appropriate tow vehicle. Colors match, same year.....hmmmm... ( insert sounds of gears gnashing like a chevy starter)

Flat black. Sitting on a 3/4 ton Suburban chassis, with tall rubber. All appropriate (inappropriate?) refinements. Google Five Finger Death Punch, House of the Rising Sun for ideas. (NOTE: The video is likely PG13 at least.)

Latest posts

Back