reposting...rat ideas??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey all.
Whats some ideas for rat rods other than the usuals? Im needin at least two rows of seats but a 6 passenger would be better.
I know a lot of cars dont look right with open front ends so im just curious as to my options.
Id like open front...no rear fenders and convertible even if it needs to be cut but im open to all considerations. just curious as to what alls thoughts are. tnx, rr
:D

Find a old stretch limo or an old caddy ambulance or hearse cut off the top, slam it to the ground run 4 or 5 inch exhaust pipes on the rockers all the way to the rear wheel opening with the right wheel and tire combo... 3 rows of seats easy!

P S. You would need to have a great hood ornament too!

If you're gonna chop off the top, a hearse or ambulance would be perfect - they are usually cheaper because the roof is so awkward looking. Limo's also can go cheaper. If you gotta go fenderless, you might as well get a cowl and make a big bathtub behind it.

If you really wanna go for it, make it a ragtop towncar fenderless rat. The old 20's towncars with the long hoods are impressive.

I have a fenderless car and love it but they aren't really worth the "look" for a family car. Anything you drive through is in your face and all over the car, water puddles, dog poo, you get the idea.

I have a fenderless car and love it but they aren't really worth the "look" for a family car. Anything you drive through is in your face and all over the car, water puddles, dog poo, you get the idea.

Willowbilly maybe this man would like your new Cadillac :D

ideas

her is a few ideas[S

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 1948_desoto_deluxe_club_2cc6.jpg
    1948_desoto_deluxe_club_2cc6.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 18
  • $_10 (1).jpg
    $_10 (1).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 00011.jpg
    00011.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 001b.jpg
    001b.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 18
4x4 van
or
Wonder what a ford clubwagon would look like dropped with a crown vic front suspension and lakepipes

Look @ 1960 to 1963 Station Wagons.

Sorry no pics but, last week I saw a 1961 Ford and 1963 Pontiac station wagon rat style at a local cruise night. Both were slammed with air bags, modern engine/trans period wheels natural aged paint & rust with all the seating you could need.

Lots of style in those early 60"s wagons,

Last edited:
A freind of mine with several kids had a 38 Olds 4 door sedan. Although he never built it he a had a sketch of a fenderless car using the Olds as the platform. I always thought it would of been cool. I think the only thing i did not like was the area around the rear wheel wells. I always thought sectioned down fenders would of covered that area nicely.

The was a 37 Plymouth coupe for sale locally earlier this summer and they were running fender less but with a hood and it looked real good. Actually better then I thought it would.
Lots of possibilities.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back