8.5, what's it worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I need an idea on this, this is NOT a 4 sale deal, wouldn't fool with shipping it anyway. Going to put it on local craigslist. I'm going to narrow a rear end for my 51 Dodge so I can get some tire under it. Right now I have a 70 Camaro 8.5 10 bolt, 3.42 pos. It has a trianglulated, spelling, 4 link, all new bearings, seals and brakes, drum with a chrome rear cover. Years ago 10 bolts weren't worth to much but now they seem to be popular. This has no spring pads on it now so if I sold it complete, what should I stick on it for a price? I hope I can find something already narrowed within driving distance, and then buy the correct back spaced wheels. You can't afford to have anything shipped anymore.

You might be surprised how cheap you can get things moved. I hauled two military axles for a member on here all the way from southern Michigan to Moab Utah for $250. They weighed roughly 3000 lbs. a car axle wouldn't be much if it's along my route.

I've had good luck lately with CL, picked up here. I just figured that it's not like it's a 12 bolt, the 8.5's aren't that rare I wouldn't think. I got around $550 or so in it with the 4 link. The brackets are not going to be to great once I cut them from the frame. Checker racing has a nice parallel 4 link kit, shocks, cross member and all so I think I'll go with that. If I do, I could through my coil overs in and make a package deal. I'll put it on CL and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back