96 GMC rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a weekend from He!!

and still..............

Won't even go into it all.....didn't even get into the barn.....zip, nada zero...wife's diamond down the disposal, went with kid on Saturday to get a new trailer...not a mobile home by the way......wife was in a tizzy about the yard work....never thought I'd wish it would rain! I could go on and on but suffice it to say, no play time for the Sarge.....:(:( Sorry guys, will have to wait for next week...and to top it off....Chief is out of town last week and this week, so I'm it (Chief cook and bottle washer)....have to go into work earlier....so no time to work on anything before work...no time after so nothing gets done...:(.. I know...Boo Hoo!!

Lord knows that I'd love to be in the barn....

come on sarge. The suspense is killing me!

At least working on the Thing......with some of the other stuff going on it's been a bit of a problem....the kids Kenworth needs to be running so he makes money and gives me some back..:D.... been replacing air tanks, lines, driers and leveling valves.... replaced hub seals on two lift axles and a maxi chamber on a rear axle on the tractor...I'm getting to know the ins and outs of a Kenworth W900 like the back of my hand....but alas, nothing on mine....then the stuff with my daughter is taking it's tole on the wife and I and the expenses for attorney's and such...wow.....she's pled to guilty to all the charges.....some were dropped and she is going to spend the next 36 to 48 months in a woman's correctional facility...:(.....I could go on about painting the house and other honey do's that the wife has thrown my way but I won't bore you with the details.....suffice it to say that maybe, by July I might get time to go back to work on it....maybe:( seems the Lord has placed a few things in my path.....but these too shall pass...

Appreciate that.....

59 caddie.....can't think of much that they don't look good on.....lol...Now gotta get back to finishing this "Thing".....[; Might be able to get back to it sooner than I was thinking.....I hope...Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise...

I'm liking the build, I just started on a 89 heavy half. Going fenderless with a funeral home theme.

Well it's not dead.......LOL...

The grandson was at the house this weekend wanting to work on the S-10 so we spent a few hours teaching him to do some welding.....forgot how frustrating that can be....lol....and also had some of the relatives from Tenn show up unexpectedly...:eek:...kind of blew my plans to work out there on anything of mine.....I had time to take a long look at "Thing" (my project) and just need to complete one facet of the build before I do anymore....too many unfinished things going on.....so with any luck I'll be out there this week finishing the roof and getting it in primer....then hanging the doors and welding the frames together then putting the box back on....I could rattle off a lot of "still have to do's" but might depress me so I won't..LOL .It's by no means dead....The knee is doing better and just gives me a tweek now and again....depending on how or what I do...but much less than a month ago...:)

I appreicate your patience with this thing as it should have been done and getting ready for paint by now.....More to come asap!!!

Latest posts

Back