1st concert you attended!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to remember those days...heheh! Brownsville Station opened for Santana in 69 or 70 There was a third band too...hmmm...

My buddy dated a girl who's parents were the biggest promoters in Houston & we got to usher every show they promoted. We'd usher for about 10 mins then look for a good spot to see the show... we saw um all! Allman Bros, Santana & so on!

BoB

Worked security at a local place called Castle farms. (Google it). Everybody from Dylan to Tina Turner played there. I was mostly busy running a wrecker to tow cars parked on the highway for the sheriff dept.:eek::D
Torchie

The Kingston Trio, Minneapolis Auditorium (no longer there), 1962.

I haven't been to many. The few are ZZ Top, Bo Diddley, Beegees, Trashmen.

I just thought of an earlier event...see, I told ya those years were "foggy"!

The Righteous Brothers played in Orlando prior to 1965...not exactly a "rock" concert!:D

Dick Dale, Randeview Ballroom, Balboa Ca 1965, if memory serves me [S
He had a bar in Riverside, CA in the 70s. I met him there. Cute wife, too. All the music on the jukebox was his recordings. Placed was pretty empty, so I had a concert to myself with interesting chats between sets.

Rush, ZZ Top, Frank Zappa, followed by a bunch of blues guys, Muddy Waters, James Cotton, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGee, BB King, others like George Thorogood, Commander Cody, last were the Rolling Stones on their Steel Wheels tour and The Who in '91. My wife saw way more before me like Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Guess Who, Fleetwood Mac.

I saw George Strait at a rodeo in Valliant, Ok in '81.It has a population of about 900 people. Lol
I guess my first real concert was "The Cars" in Houston around '84
Got to see several while living down there, Reba,George,Hank jr.
Seen Cheap trick,Tom Petty,ZZtop twice and have tickets to watch them again this New Years eve. lol

To add to my previous post . . .

80-screen_shot_2016_03_02_at_8_15_22_am_94ba70b06b51dfd727b5048d1619606d36194e62.png

Latest posts

Back