I am soooo old...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to ride in the tailgate of my Grandpa's truck with my feet hanging off until one day the back tire kicked up a good sized rock and it hit me on the heel. OUCH! Kept my feet up after that. U was riding on the step hanging on to the door handle once going across a plowed field when he went across a row and bounced me about 4' up on the air and onto the ground. Good thing is was a freshly plowed field. I think he did that on purpose cause he got a good laugh out of it. He was quite a prankster. :D

And I will admit to being one of them:rolleyes:

My parents had a '54 Pontiac, so I've had GM in my blood from "day one". :p

Years later, our "second car" was a '64 GMC half ton which my father drove to work at the steel mill. It had a six in it and three on the tree... one afternoon before his shift, the starter took a dump... so Mom, my little brother and I push/bump-started Dad for a few days until he had a day off to get another and replace it.

I learned to drive on a 63 International stake truck. 304 with a 4 speed. The same truck that I remember my dad having my younger brother and I sit in the back on a steel culvert he'd bought from a neighbor - it was nearly twice the length of the bed so we had to sit on it to keep it from tipping out of the back of the truck! Luckily it was only a few miles down a gravel road, but I remember being lifted off the box floor on pot holes.

bang bang:D broke the gun so we used rocks:eek:

Later:cool:

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 15
My cousin (Dave) was an up and coming delinquent. He somehow "acquired" a ton of rolled caps, which eventually led to smashing a complete 5 roll set with a sledge hammer... once. My younger brother and I stood back as Dave struck the set... the blast made a small crater in the concrete drive, rang our ears and invited the cops for coffee...

My uncle and the next door neighbor arrived home shortly. (They both worked at the local Coca-Cola plant.) While speaking with the cops in the driveway, the neighbour noticed a large chip on his pretty, polished Harley's gas tank. :eek:

My uncle held court in the garage. When he excused my brother and I, we made our exit while he prepared Dave's butt for a tan... to this day, whenever caps are mentioned, I can still hear his screams. [ddd

attachment.php

Attachments

• fp 189 caps.jpg
    fp 189 caps.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 26
whahaha Doc.... yer killing me LMAO

I did the one roll with a small hammer once... in my bedroom [ddd
Hell yea, I remember the smell... and the screams... :D

Had a lot of fun with those caps, and yes I cans still smell them. I remember lady finger fire crackers as well. They came in those blocks with hundreds all fused together. We would sit behind the garage under the big oak tree and carefully disassemble the block and fill our pockets with all the loose little fire crackers, then go harass the whole town for a Saturday, Man it was Fun. :D

Had a lot of fun with those caps, and yes I cans still smell them. I remember lady finger fire crackers as well. They came in those blocks with hundreds all fused together. We would sit behind the garage under the big oak tree and carefully disassemble the block and fill our pockets with all the loose little fire crackers, then go harass the whole town for a Saturday, Man it was Fun. :D

gad !! i forgotton those ,, cap guns usually crapped out before we went through 100 of those paper caps,, then it was hammer time lol remember little bit of concrete whizzing off in all directions .. not sure what lady fingers are . we had Tom thumbs and double happys,, alway exciting to hold them at the very end of your fingers and light them ,,,still have all mine ..

was alot pocket money spent on those... banned herre now .. boring govt!

bolt bombs anyone do those??? they were 2 bolts joined by a nut , with match ends shaved off into them ,, screwed together carefully. then throw up into the air ... great fun !

Attachments

• 598c9c95c0ee2c9029c27f7d88a52f66.jpg
    598c9c95c0ee2c9029c27f7d88a52f66.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
we had the ladyfingers but we also had black cats they were bigger and hurt like hell when they popped in you fingers. we held the ladyfingers in the tips of our fingers and let them pop. right now i have 5 m150's laying on my desk. fuse burns under water and can do some damage if flushed.

Remember the original Cherry Bombs? Man, those things would tear up some stuff! Used to shoot them and the original M-80's with a slingshot.....you pull them back, let a buddly light them, then let go!
Another thing was to put a cherry bomb smoke bomb in the bathrooms or in a locker at school........free time when they ran everybody out of the building!

Those ladyfingers were tiny, but loud. Would blow up some plastic, too! I never blew up any of my model cars, knew some guys who did, but I blew up my share of those little clear plastic boxes you'd get out of the dime machines with a ring or a necklace or a rubber worm or snake in! It's a wonder I didn't get hit with plastic shrapnel, but I never did! :eek::eek::eek:

we had the ladyfingers but we also had black cats they were bigger and hurt like hell when they popped in you fingers. we held the ladyfingers in the tips of our fingers and let them pop. right now i have 5 m150's laying on my desk. fuse burns under water and can do some damage if flushed.

i knew a guy years back who flushed a "Tuna bomb" down the toilet in a bar ..

cost him 5-6k in reparation, lost income, and a very nasty mess ...

Tuna bomb used underwater to scare/stun tuna - fishing industry..

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 5
Wow Doc was a long long time ago one of those got me a trip to the principal's office lol

How did that go? I've never been to the principal's office. :rolleyes:

bolt bombs anyone do those???

The neighborhood psychopath lived across the lane and a few doors down from our house. (I can't make this stuff up.) His name was Mavor, which is strange enough by itself... anyhow, that little bugger introduced me to the bolt bomb...

One day, I was strolling down the lane and spied Mavor messing with something in the garage. I popped in to find him "improving" on the idea... a pipe nipple and a couple caps! He was choked because he didn't have nearly enough match heads to pack it. :eek:

I have no idea how that turned out, but I can tell you, every cop in town knew his name and address before he grew his first hair. I haven't thought about him for many years, but thanks to you guys, "The Legends of Mavor" are flooding back...

dl-black-pipe-nipples-schedule-40-welded-carbon-steel-nipple__13689.1527098617.png

Latest posts

Back