34 ford coupe race car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmod

I'm looking for some opions. I'm looking at making this car into a street car but dont want to have to try to get my fat *** in and out through the window. So i'm thinking about cutting a door in it. any thoughts?

Attachments

• 3n53mb3paZZZZZZZZZ97d0890026b2a691647.jpg
    3n53mb3paZZZZZZZZZ97d0890026b2a691647.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 0826115557339.jpg
    0826115557339.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 100
Go on a diet?? :D Just kidding.....Maybe use a fiberglass door from someone like Gibbon! I'm sure others make them too. I like the color too!

lol..I have been trying the diet thing, but I must be doing something wrong. I'm going the wrong way..lol. Tilt body? havent thought of that. That would be cool.

Well then how about a gull wing body? Instead of just the door lifting, half the car lifts like a gull wing? Ok.... I musta got into something again....

Ok, This one's right up my alley. I've been going over a similar build in my head for quite awhile. What I have planned is opening doors that have the inner roll cage opening as well. The door skin is attached to the door/cage so no hinges are showing. The rub bars are attached to the door/cage (at least where it will cross in front of the door) on stand offs, just as it does on the body portion. The rub bar would have a cut down through it on a 45 degree angle at or just ahead of the hinge point. (The cut would be done so the longer forward 'tip' would be on the inside toward the body, or the door won't be able to open.) The rear cut is the same as the front. The ends of the cut sections would have a tongue and groove or dove tail so everthing fits snug and looks like it's still one piece. I'm to old and stiff to crawl through windows, so this what I have planned. Sniper

:
I'm looking for some opions. I'm looking at making this car into a street car but dont want to have to try to get my fat *** in and out through the window. So i'm thinking about cutting a door in it. any thoughts?

:cool: the way my street legal dwarf car doors are almost set up like sniper decribes... having a strret legal race car is a blast,, gets a ton a looks where ever l take it,, how are u going to title the car,,, mine is titled as a 1931 chevy,, thought l would title mine as a 1934, but when l got the car it came with a 1931 chevy tile so l just went to the state and walllla!!! later

Latest posts

Back