what if?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Ok, say you can go back in time with unlimited money. What vehicle would you buy with the caviat that it has to remain stock? I am torn between a 1971 IHC short step with a 392 and a 1979 Dodge warlock with a 440.

Any dodge muscle car with a Hemi would be a gold mine today...
Any Yenko, or Shelby, same thing...

I'd say a 68 Shelby Mustang Fastback or convertible...

I would like a 69 ZL1 Camaro, since they only made 69 of them. One of the rarest muscle cars.

To add to this. What car would you go buy today, put in storage for 40-50 years and expect it to have grown in value like some of these old cars have today?

for me it isnt about the value, as much as it is about the I love the design and really want to own one. Enough so that I have spent 3 days scouring the web looking for either (The 70's IHC short step, or the 70s dodge short step)that I can afford on my very limited budget with no avail

My one big fantasy is being able to go back in time and grab up all the old cars I could and stash them away so I would have them today. When I think of all the $25 and $50 early Fords, Dodges, Studebakers, Chevys, and other cars I had over the years and that I left slip through my fingers, I get sick.

How cool would it have been to have the foresight to know those cars were going to be worth so much money and be so sought after in the future? To us they were just old cars...........if we had only known. :(

But to answer the original question, the one car I would probably go back and buy and leave stock would be a 427 Cobra that could be bought for about $6,000 back in 66. Just think what a zero miles Cobra would bring today at Barrett Jackson. :eek:

Don

Unlimited funds?? All of the above.

BTW, I ran into a guy about a year and a half ago that had a Mint 440 Warlock for sale in his garage. I was there looking at an old TR6 for a friend and he showed me his small but interesting collection of cars he was working on.

64 Ford 427 Thunderbolt !
No, wait !
1932 Deusenberg SJ !
No, wait !
Hemi 'Cuda, any year !
No, wait !

This is torture - there's been so many great cars produced, not just high performance ones, some just strike a cord with us that is hard to describe - must be why just one car is never enough..... :)

Latest posts

Back