Christmas vacation

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Just got back from Shelby Township Michigan. Gotta say, it was the best Christmas I have ever had. Wife's family is amazing. Funny thing. She brags about Detroit, but wont let me get gas there. Wont let me go out to eat there because you may get stabbed. First person I have ever met who talked about how wonderful and awful a place is in the same sentence.

I try to avoid that town.

You were in Shelby Township and didn't look up Dirtyrat while you were there?? Probably drove right by my house to get there too. :(

Uh Oh looks like Rev might be in a bit of trouble :eek:
You may have had a great Christmas but, now :eek:
Glad it was a good one Bud [cl

First person I have ever met who talked about how wonderful and awful a place is in the same sentence.

If you've never lived there it's hard to explain. Strange city that is literally falling down all around. The hey-days of building cars is long gone. A sad site to cruise thru the areas where some of the old factories are. A long time ago when I lived up there I had to go to this warehouse to buy some used pallet racks. Turned out to be an old Packard plant. I spent hours just walking around and thinking about what it would have been like to work there.

There is talk of tearing it all down, a lot of it has been ransacked so bad that it's just a shell at best. Although there is an old dude that lives in one section with a couple of dogs. ( Check u tube for a short documentary on it.) That place is over a half mile long and a lot of history was made there. Might be all gone in the very near future.

If you'd driving about 10 miles north...

and about 7 miles east......you'd be in my area.....but I wasn't there so no problem....:D Must live near the VanDyke area I would suspect...??

and about 7 miles east......you'd be in my area.....but I wasn't there so no problem....:D Must live near the VanDyke area I would suspect...??

Yes sir.

DirtyRat, Father in laws house is off 21 mile. We didn't go out much, just kinda hung out with the family.

No problem, would have liked to meet up if time would have allowed :)
Glad you had a good Christmas Vacation!

Latest posts

Back