54 Chevy payback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falconvan

So the payback for my buddy helping me with the bodywork and shooting the color on my van is this. His late dad owner this 54 Chevy 2 dr and cruised it around town for a few years before it got parked in the backyard. Kyle's dad passed several years ago and he inherited the car. So a few years back he pulled it in the garage and started taking it apart. Our trade was he did the work on my van and I do the metal work on the Chevy for him. It's rough, I'm doing floors, quarters, rockers, and a trunk pan. It's going to have a mild street 454 with a TH400, MII front suspension and a four link out back. so far I've cut all the bad out of the drivers side, built new inner panels, and fitted the new rocker and quarter. It's going to be a cool ride and my wife loves it since it's somebody else's money.

Pics

Attachments

• C75B4FC6-52AD-4A92-A087-0F1F501741DE.jpg
    C75B4FC6-52AD-4A92-A087-0F1F501741DE.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 64
  • C5B91733-A965-4EFE-AB52-AB68262F407D.jpg
    C5B91733-A965-4EFE-AB52-AB68262F407D.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 45
Yeah it’ll be a cool ride. Not sure how often we’ll get to work on it; he manages a local body shop and plays in a band on the weekends. I’ll try and keep him motivated; it needs to be on the road.

[cl :D :cool:
I like to start with the worst side first.[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

Same here; purge the evil spirits right off the bat. I wish I could get him to stop changing his mind on the drivetrain. First he was going with the stock 6/three speed, then he wanted a late model 4.2 GM straight six/ 5 speed, then a small block/four speed, now it has a fresh 454/turbo 400, and now he's talking about pulling that back out and doing an 5.3LS with the turbo 400. That's five drivetrains before we even got the bodywork going! [S

Same here; purge the evil spirits right off the bat. I wish I could get him to stop changing his mind on the drivetrain. First he was going with the stock 6/three speed, then he wanted a late model 4.2 GM straight six/ 5 speed, then a small block/four speed, now it has a fresh 454/turbo 400, and now he's talking about pulling that back out and doing an 5.3LS with the turbo 400. That's five drivetrains before we even got the bodywork going! [S

Female??:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Might want to install pins on the motor mounts for the next time he changes his mind [ddd

It sounds like he can't decide what he wants it to be. Start with how he wants to use it, and the engine decision might make more sense.

Pulling out a 454 to put in a 5.3 [S:confused: They're both great engines, but that BBC is just more exciting!

Sounds like a kid in a candy store. He will figure it out. Next idea may be a nailhead, perhaps a 331 Hemi. Lots of room under that hood for his imagination to run. [S Hmm... contest maybe, see who predicts the winner. :D :cool:

Lol! Exactly! My job is the metalwork and I told him I'd wire it for him so the rest is his baby. Of course if he does pull that 454 it's going to need a home .....

Latest posts

Back