Everyone Check This Out!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'll have trouble with camber getting that any lower with the stock IFS. Not 100% sure about the F250, but I think the entire frame can be bolt on swapped for later year (up to '72?) F100 frame - can get you power steering and front disks. Again this is info I know about the F100 and I don't recall if it is exactly the same for the F250. There is a Mustang II front clip swap that is popular, BUT that is a light weight front end and would make your truck a trailer queen IMO. There is a Dakota swap also that I understand is much better for bagging - I think El Poco (?) over on the HAMB is big on those.
I used to have a '64 F250 Custom Cab flat bed (straight axle).

Now I have a '63 F100 I've been working on.
attachment.php

Forgot about drop beams too.

Wasn't going to do this, but I don't think the site is in competition with RRR so here is a link: FTE 61-66F100+ It's the best resource on the net for Slicks. A VERY polite crowd, but they aren't much into modding and rodding as much as restore. There are a few guys that are though and most can answer your questions about your front end woes.

Try searching for 'lower front end' and here are a couple of great threads:
showing-off
slamming-a-65

In the next couple of days I hope to get a thread started in the RRR Builds Forum to show the progress on my F100. Hopefully it will keep me moving if I have to report!

MMMM me likey! I love slicks and that one is Kleeeen! You can put that body on up to a 79 frame. If you want to move the fuel tank under the rear bed let me know, I've done a few.

Latest posts

Back