pictures of rat rod motorhomes wanted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help ID this Motorhome

Can anyone help me identify this. Title says 1962 house car. I know it is all aluminum body inline 6 with a 3 speed and dually rear end. Other than that I can find any info on it. My wife brought it home, I don't really want it so it may be for sale soon.

"Can anyone help me identify this. Title says 1962 house car. I know it is all aluminum body inline 6 with a 3 speed and dually rear end. Other than that I can find any info on it. My wife brought it home, I don't really want it so it may be for sale soon."

"jeepking" You are a lucky man, my wife never brings home anything like that!

Last edited:
This vehicles have being for sale in Saskatchewan for sometime ... @ Iron Alley
http://www.theironalley.com/0000pg.asp/ID/69927/SID/11660

'36 Chevy 1 1/2T $2500
36Chev15tonbig.jpg

'37 White Transit Bus / camperized in the '50s.
137white.jpg

'55 IHC COE Moving Van $3500
23-55_IHC.jpg

TMP's pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Never got to talk with the owner. I did talk to man that ran the storage yard. The wood camper is a sheep hearders camp. There were several around town . Some were basic shap but aluminum. I left the job before I was able to get other pictures.

i want a DIVCO bread truck real bad.
i think they look so cool.

I dint know they made a "bread truck" I've only seen the "milk truck" . Back in the day Dad had a customer at the shop, who drove a Divco milk truck , I thought it was ugly at the time, but now they're so cool !

Sweet thread.

Not ratty but very cool. 1973 Cadillac.

Also, not ratty and not really a camper but fits in.

And my buddy's old 64chevy 1-1/2 ton with an original Alaskan Camper on a custom utility box that he saved from the wreckers. I wish I coulda gotten it cause it woulda been slammed.

Great thread! I have always wanted an old short school bus. I have seen several turned into street rod RV's and tailgating rigs.
I also like the Divco milk trucks and old step-vans.
I drive a '36 Chevy ratrod pickup and started taking my granddaughter to shows when she was 2. It's almost 9 years later and grand #6 is due within a month. It would be great to load them all up and roll.

Don't really know if you would call it rat rod or not but it has some rat rodish accessories. The interior is all man cave, diamond plate countertops, diamond plate insert flat panel cabinet doors, corrugated pvc panels painted to look like galvanize on walls, and tons more. I had plans to make a shower out of a phone booth for it but now I want to sell it to get a CNC plasma table.
door handle
View attachment 50640
inside door handle
View attachment 50641
Bus
View attachment 50639

Is that a MC8-9? I used to work on a small fleet of those and loved them

Here is my 83 Grumman, aluminum body 350 chev powered rat rod van.

Usually I don't give advice on other peoples rides, but I think there's a few things you could do to make that a more interesting van. Right now it just looks like a van in primer to me.

Maybe drop the front, add bigger tires to the rear so it has some rake?
Maybe paint the wheels red or gold and lose the hubcaps?
Maybe old style mag wheels?
Maybe flames or some kind of paint design on top of the grey?
Maybe add exhaust out the sides or side pipes?
Call it a COE? lol
etc.

Just a few thoughts as I'm not to creative myself and of course its your so do it the way you want. :)

Latest posts

Back