Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the first time in this 2 year build, the Reo has seen the outdoors. In fact, I drove it around the neighborhood with no problems. Could still be some air in the brake system or it might need a larger bore master cylinder. I was surprized I could see out of it quite well. Problems might show up at 60mph that weren't evident at 40mph.

Big headlights. Only drove it a couple miles but it seemed to ride nice. Lots of little stuff to do to finish it but it will probably go into storage til spring.

Thank you for the nice comments guys. I'e been driving around the neighborhood waiting for something to break. So far, so good.
Went for a ride in the dark last night to see if the vintage headlights were sufficient. Almost couldn't see my way home. Today I started adding the driving lights you see here. Making them easily removable for daytime driving as I think they do not add to the appearance of the car.

Thank you for the nice comments guys. I'e been driving around the neighborhood waiting for something to break. So far, so good.
Went for a ride in the dark last night to see if the vintage headlights were sufficient. Almost couldn't see my way home. Today I started adding the driving lights you see here. Making them easily removable for daytime driving as I think they do not add to the appearance of the car.

Hey its not going to break close to the house .. if its like my luck its just when you decide to turn around and head back from your test drive ,, thats when it breaks down ,, the furthest away from the house you can get

One way to get those old headlights to brighten up is to mount a modern clear headlight inside behind the original old glass. You may not want to change the look but it does work.

We've used these: Clear 7 Inch Round Headlight
Or these: Clear 7 Inch Round Headlight with LED Signal

My dad had to do that on his 33 Dodge to make the headlights usable, and it's not really noticable. Just an option.

Bob, looks great.. another amazing build... U definitely are an inspiration to us younger guys...I haven't finished one.. and you have done like 6 or more in the time I have been on this forum..

Im going to bring my tuck up there for you to finish this winter.. ! haha

also I dont mind the extra lights up front!

FYI ...I bought a set of those modern lights to go in my buckets.. and they dont fit.. the edge on them is so thick, it wont allow the ring to snap in.. Im in the process of trying to modify them..

I've driving the Reo around the local area and so far no problems. Tomorrow I'll go to a car guy gathering about 25 miles away. Have to come home in the dark on a deer infested county highway. That's what the extra lights are for.
Took these pics today.
Corpo, thank you, and thanks to everyone that has been so supportive.

Latest posts

Back