1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it up Buddy! You're doing fine....[cl

Hopefully the same for you brother smallfoot.:)

"Well. It's not like what you are doing is that hard"
Uh, OK ?
I'm with smallfoot ^^^^^^^^^^^[cl

Thanks OI. Your probably like me when it comes to remarks like that. If I'm in a good mood I usually respond to that with a polite "Well then. Go do it" If I'm not in a good mood it's more like , #8%$$!! :eek: :eek: [ddd
Not going to give it away that's for sure. Too much time and effort into it. The project just may end up sitting in the back of the garage all winter.
Torchie

"If I'm in a good mood I usually respond to that with a polite "Well then. Go do it" If I'm not in a good mood it's more like , #8%$$!!"

Yep
I've noticed, most of the time, a forum you frequent is not the place to sell something, unless you're giving it away.
Besides, you need to drive it at least once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving forward on the hood....
Now that it is welded up I have to deal with a couple of issues. The PS rear corner sticks way out past the profile of the cowl. As I recall it did the same when I took it off of the donor truck. These hoods are big and floppy and didn't fit all that well when new.
DS is better but not perfect either.
And the gap between the rear edge of the hood and the cowl is way too wide for my liking as well as being uneven across the width of the rear of the hood.
My plan is for some relief cuts into the rear hood corners and then Hammer and dolly to get the corners in place.
I will weld on some steel rod to the rear edge of the hood to narrow the gap as well as even it out.
That's for tomorrow.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 16
More work on the hood....

Cut fitted and welded in the missing piece on the DS lower hood corner.
Also made some relief cuts to pull in the PS rear corner of the hood. Now it is level with the cowl edge.
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 27
More(Yawn...) Hood work

Closing up the rear hood/cowl gap.
I will weld in between the tacks and then GRIND,Grind,grind........
Thanks for visiting......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1622.jpg
    IMG_1622.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 20
Torchie, I hope every time you think that all that grinding ain't doing any good that you take time to go back over your posts! So many long strides have been taken with those little bitty steps....[cl

That's a lot of work but it will be extra nice when done

Looking good.[cl[cl

Torchie, I hope every time you think that all that grinding ain't doing any good that you take time to go back over your posts! So many long strides have been taken with those little bitty steps....[cl

Thanks gang.:)
Probably won't be doing much tomorrow as my hands and eyes are really sore and tired from all that tack welding.
I know that not everyone likes fender skirts on a truck but here is another photo shop that my friend Rik sent me. I have people all over the world encouraging me to keep going on this project.
My thanks to all of you.....
Torchie

Attachments

• Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH07-vi.jpg
    Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH07-vi.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 27
i like that with the skirts...

I know when i stumbled across it listed for sale I was like.. mannnnnn that stinks...

So i too hope u finish it!

Torchie, it saddens me to no end that you have downer moments and want to give up once in a while. You have both vision and talent that sets you apart from the more average guys, who tend to wobble your confidence, with their negative comments. The guys on the RRR forum are sure behind you, cheering you on. I'm one of them.

On the truck fender skirts, I have a theory, maybe THE theory, "fender skirts only work on cars if the car is lower in the back than the front and that goes for trucks too". Your skirts work for me.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks Gang.
I really do appreciate the support I get from all of you. I just get frustrated*when things that I used to be able to do with out much effort now feel like I'm back building the pyramids. :eek: [ddd
These pics will show were I started. Where I am now. And where it's headed...
Thanks for being there.........
Torchie

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 19
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 17
  • attachment-5.jpg
    attachment-5.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 16