DDT - Damn Dodge Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
This is the start of a new build thread. A 1941 Dodge Truck

This thing was bought out of the HAMB classifieds in 2006 and then piled in a corner. The truck body parts and 2001 Dakota chassis came as a package deal. The wheels came off of ebay. They are 90's-2000's era Halibrands that were made for a Dakota (17x7, 18x9.5)

First mock-up pic

headlight idea....37 ford lenses and rings

the front end is way too wide. the Dakota is going to get hacked to work (wheelbase is way too long too).

I got to play with Dad's latest toy to dig it out.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should widen the fenders to clear the wheels...or narrow the front suspension to clear the fenders.

If you added to the inside edge of the fender where it meets the hood and not down the center, it may be easiest and cleanest.

Actually, I was thinking of slicing just inboard of the fender peak. The added material would raise the fender as it moved out-board.

Chop that top about 4 inches and widen the front fenders 4 inches. Here's my photoshop version.

Attachments

• IMG_4782_zpsf1917ef1 copy.jpg
    IMG_4782_zpsf1917ef1 copy.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 205
Actually, I was thinking of slicing just inboard of the fender peak. The added material would raise the fender as it moved out-board.

That works pretty good also. It is one of the strongest places on the fender and is less prone to warp.I myself hate working near the fender ridge, get the line off and it never looks right.

Flipper, what is the outside measurements on the front tires? The 1 1/2 ton fronts are 75" across.

I like the low and wide look too. But I am going to throw an idea at you that might just mean even more work. I would chop the top 3" and take an additional 1 1/2" section out just below the side windows and through the hood area. Looks a little tall in the center to me. Either that or move the fenders up on the body to achieve the sectioned look. I really like the head light direction too. [P

Latest posts

Back