Avoiding Bump Steer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panhard bar in the front? how do you mount it? I don't have nothin like that.We got a stock style spring w/split wishbones and a mustang steer box, steers to the LF and then across to the R side.Do you think I might have a problem w/bump steer? Haven't got car done far enuf to drive it yet so I don't know what to expect.

Panhard bar in the front? how do you mount it? I don't have nothin like that.We got a stock style spring w/split wishbones and a mustang steer box, steers to the LF and then across to the R side.Do you think I might have a problem w/bump steer? Haven't got car done far enuf to drive it yet so I don't know what to expect.

I don't know if bump steer is a problem with a cross steer set up. But you will definitely need a panhard bar to keep the front end centered and not moving laterally.

My buddy Bill has a cross steer on his Studebaker powered 27 roadster. (It's featured in Ol Skool Rodz - issue #3) He swears by it! He said he's never had a bump steer problem with his cross steer set up. I've ridden 100's of miles with him and it's just never been an issue. Along with that, like DMW said, a panhard bar also keeps everything lined up and not moving laterally.

Thunder1

Latest posts

Back