1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Got the garage all spruced up and painted, you'd almost never know it had been my workshop for 20+ years. Having the Hennway in there now keeps the former man cave from turning into a total she-shed :D
Time to get the new shop sorted and get to work [;)

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 145
attachment.php

Finally achieved some semblance of order in the new shop - all this stuff was crammed in my house garage before, now I have a little more room to work....
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

These smoothie wheels for the car are actually stock Packard 16" wheels widened by Stockton Wheel to 16x6" for the front and 16x7" for the rear, going with 215 and 225 wide whites

Attachments

• IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 88
Very cool and exciting! Must be nice to have your own place to work. I'm hoping to get started on my home away from home by the end of the summer. Can't wait to see what you can do in that space

Place looks good ZZ...lot's of good lighting[cl[cl can't get enough
light for these old eye's ....do you already have the go power for the
coupe don't remember if you said..

[P[P

ZZ, to keep the bow out of the rails when you build your 4-2 frame, do you weld the length of one side before turning it over to weld the length of the other side or weld a foot or so then turn it over and weld a foot or so on the other side.

attachment.php
Place looks good ZZ...lot's of good lighting[cl[cl can't get enough
light for these old eye's ....do you already have the go power for the
coupe don't remember if you said..

[P[P
Going with a Ford 302/AOD, with the front distributor on the Ford, it can snug up to the firewall with less interference. It will get a Tripower carb setup for the old timey look. Not sure if the BBK headers are going to work yet, may be some steering shaft interference [S

ZZ, to keep the bow out of the rails when you build your 4-2 frame, do you weld the length of one side before turning it over to weld the length of the other side or weld a foot or so then turn it over and weld a foot or so on the other side.
I welded it in 1" spots, switching from one rail to the other, then flipping them over to do the other sides - slow going, but no warpage.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Got the tires mounted up today, leaving the blue goo on for awhile to save the whitewalls

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 127
Finally achieved some semblance of order in the new shop - all this stuff was crammed in my house garage before, now I have a little more room to work....

My shop was that clean once... ummm... before I moved in! [ddd

I'm always ready to get back on a project after a break... it's all new again! :D

BoB

attachment.php

Cleared all the parts out of the body, got it off the dolly and getting ready to set it on the frame for the first time. Hoping it sits on it OK - I built it last year going on measurements from a stock one 200 miles away..

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 109
Body and frame finally meet for the first time! A little trim needed to the topside of the rails at the peak of the rear kickup so the rear of the body will sit down right, otherwise fitting as expected .

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG