28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last week was spent imagineering the rear deck over the C Notch, and the last two days were spent putting the plan into action. I had to do the top in three sections to be able to put the Mopar emblem in the center one. The flanges between the sections added a lot of strength to the deck. The first picture is the profile of the lower angled piece and took the most time to figure out and bend on the brake.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Cnotchfloor 005.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 005.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 001.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 001.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 002.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 002.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 006.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 006.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 007.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 007.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 010.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 010.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 014.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 014.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Cnotchfloor 015.jpg
    Resize of Cnotchfloor 015.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 47
Dude, aren't you going to show us how you made that Chrysler symbol in the tin. I have to make mine look 'storebought' too.
Really nice work on that whole floor.

Attachments

• DB emblem (259x194).jpg
    DB emblem (259x194).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 13
Well done! That's freakin nice.

Well done, indeed.[cl [cl :D :D :cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

thanks Torchie and Bill

Dude, aren't you going to show us how you made that Chrysler symbol in the tin. I have to make mine look 'storebought' too.
Really nice work on that whole floor.

Thanks MM, I can't show you how I made it, but I can tell you. I used the 1/8"offset dies in the bead roller, rolling the perimeter of the emblem making it raised.
I'm not sure how you will do that DB emblem, the over/under makes it impossible to do on the bead roller. [S[S

Thanks Dozer. I now have a bead roller, so I'll have to learn some skills on it. I watched a U-tube video from Lazze that showed how to use a roller skate wheel instead of one die when he was doing overlaps. Anyhow, thanks for making me think more.

Thanks Dozer. I now have a bead roller, so I'll have to learn some skills on it. I watched a U-tube video from Lazze that showed how to use a roller skate wheel instead of one die when he was doing overlaps. Anyhow, thanks for making me think more.

How big do you have to make the logo MM? I've watched a few of his videos he explains the process pretty well.

Latest posts

Back