My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I'm not really into skulls, but that cap is a piece of art!

Really like the cap:cool:

Thanks! Glad I kept it now!

Can't wait to see the pics of the engine in there for good...and that is definitely a cool cap! [cl[cl

Me either... can't wait to get it repainted & slammed back in. Decided to replace the steel freeze plugs while I had it out... they were startin' to leak a lil so I might as well get that outta the way while it's easy!

BoB

While I have the engine/tranny out figured I might as well do some work on the steering & cowl I wanted to do. I used a drag link I had laying around but didn't like the angles it had so I'm gonna straighten that out & weld in the Vega steering box. Also working on the cowl and the front angled part of the floors (whatever that's called) and will bend them properly with a brake. Once I get the freeze plugs & get them installed, I'll get the flooring put in, install the gas tank & steering column. Only have 3 1/2 months until Lonestar Round Up! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• draglink.jpg
    draglink.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29
  • cowl2.jpg
    cowl2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 29
  • template.jpg
    template.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 28
Good progress!
That gas cap reminds me of some of the statues that I saw in Europe where the bases were made os skulls piled up.:eek::cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Mrs Tripper bought me a lil pressure washer & I tried it out this afternoon... worked pretty well. Tomorrow I'll spray the engine & tranny with degreaser then pressure wash it really well in prep for a new coat of paint! Can't wait to get the drive train back in & move on!

BoB

Attachments

• wash.jpg
    wash.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 39
I love working on my car but here's one part that ain't that much fun... spraying the motor off, getting it clean & ready for paint! Finally got it done & will put in freeze plugs tomorrow... then on to other things! :D

BoB

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 34
Made toe boards & am mocking up interior & trunk panels in cardboard!

BoB

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 28
  • passenger.jpg
    passenger.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 23
  • trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 22
Just about have the floor bracing done & started mocking up the trunk panels! I'll be bustin' it next week to finish up... then a tranny cover!

BoB

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 40
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 38
Got flooring bracing in & will weld it all up solid today! Also got the tranny cross member welded in. Flooring next then steering column.

BoB

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back