Viva Las Vegas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really diggin' the '57 Meteor, got any more pics of it?
And yes, thanks a bunch for taking us along! If this doesn't get ya in the mood for the 2015 cruisin' season........there's probably not much hope for ya! :p

No, thats the only picture of the Meteor.

No, problem my pleasure sharing the pictures. When I first saw the $35 admission price I was kind of hesitant of going but I'm glad I did. Lots of stages and live bands mostly 50s and Rockabilly music. It was also like a big costume party. The girls looked awesome. I got smacked in the back of the head more than once by the wifey for staring! :D[ddd

I'm going top post a montage video this evening when I finish it for something a little different.

Great shots! Thanks! Looks like you had as much fun as you say you did. :D Remember, a smack in the head, just shows she cares. :eek:

Last edited:
either I was wrong.. or i thought Viva had a bunch of restrictions on what was let in.. i thought they had rules like no fender less past 1935... guess i was wrong [S

thanks for the coverage.. looks like a wide variety which I always enjoy

either I was wrong.. or i thought Viva had a bunch of restrictions on what was let in.. i thought they had rules like no fender less past 1935... guess i was wrong [S

thanks for the coverage.. looks like a wide variety which I always enjoy

http://www.vivalasvegas.net/

WHAT CARS ARE ALLOWED
Built 1963 and earlier
Stock Classics
Painted cars
Finished Cars
Un-Finished Cars
Primered Cars
Work In Progress
Bare metal
Hot Rods
Customs
Show Cars
Nostalgic Race Cars
Fibreglass (Meeting above criteria)
Rat Rods (Meeting above criteria)
Motorcycles (Pre-63, period correct.)

WHAT CARS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Fad T’s
Billet
High Tech Street Rods
Muscle cars
VW’s
Post-63 Low Riders
Japanese Cars
Fenderless cars w/ Steam Roller Tires
Tubbed
Off road and/or 4 wheel drive.
Diesel engined
No 20″ or larger wheels – no Dubs allowed.

Last edited:
Wow.......well worth the wait......!!

thanks for sharing those....the first pic with the girl by the white caddie...when I first saw it it looked like Flo from the Progressive commercials....at least the face anyway....lol...some very cool stuff.....

Interesting lists.

Nice to see that Rat Rods are allowed. I wonder what (Meeting above criteria) means.
I wonder who gets to decide who has steamroller tires?
What is a Fad T?
If a car must be Pre-63, why even mention Post-63 Low Riders are not allowed? Seems kind of insulting to that particular group of enthusiasts.
Would my '39 be allowed since I had to build 2" tubs to cover the tires inside the bed sides?

That said, its their football, so they get to make the rules. I just always wonder about the thinking behind the rules. :D

Interesting lists.

Nice to see that Rat Rods are allowed. I wonder what (Meeting above criteria) means.
I wonder who gets to decide who has steamroller tires?
What is a Fad T?
If a car must be Pre-63, why even mention Post-63 Low Riders are not allowed? Seems kind of insulting to that particular group of enthusiasts.
Would my '39 be allowed since I had to build 2" tubs to cover the tires inside the bed sides?

That said, its their football, so they get to make the rules. I just always wonder about the thinking behind the rules. :D

You have to submit a side photo of the vehicle to get your vehicle accepted to be in the show, so the organizers decide what is and isn't acceptable and what meets those criteria.

From the website:

-A SIDE VIEW Photo MUST be submitted for all cars for approval, otherwise your car will not be admitted. PLEASE NOTE THE PHOTO MUST BE A SIDE VIEW OF THE CAR.
-We reserve the right to refuse admission of any vehicle and/or driver

In reality there are tons of different vehicles, and the criteria really isn't that bad. I think the no post-63 comment is just to make sure it's clear what's allowed and isn't. Meeting above criteria means that the rat rod still has to be within the scope of their requirements. You can't bring in an S-10 that's turned into some kind of Rat Rod and expect it to get in the show. There are hundreds of cars in the show at Viva every year and there is a wide cross section everything you could imagine. They have to limit it somewhat if they don't want it to be like every other show. Having been to it I think it's a great show and very little about it needs to change.

My truck would meet the criteria, if that helps you figure it out. I have mini-tubs just for more clearance, but my tires are 31x10.5.

You have to submit a side photo of the vehicle to get your vehicle accepted to be in the show, so the organizers decide what is and isn't acceptable and what meets those criteria.

From the website:

-A SIDE VIEW Photo MUST be submitted for all cars for approval, otherwise your car will not be admitted. PLEASE NOTE THE PHOTO MUST BE A SIDE VIEW OF THE CAR.
-We reserve the right to refuse admission of any vehicle and/or driver

In reality there are tons of different vehicles, and the criteria really isn't that bad. I think the no post-63 comment is just to make sure it's clear what's allowed and isn't. Meeting above criteria means that the rat rod still has to be within the scope of their requirements. You can't bring in an S-10 that's turned into some kind of Rat Rod and expect it to get in the show. There are hundreds of cars in the show at Viva every year and there is a wide cross section everything you could imagine. They have to limit it somewhat if they don't want it to be like every other show. Having been to it I think it's a great show and very little about it needs to change.

My truck would meet the criteria, if that helps you figure it out. I have mini-tubs just for more clearance, but my tires are 31x10.5.
Thank you, good Sir.

I hunted all over the site for that information. They hide it pretty well. Or I was off my search game this morning. :rolleyes:

It looks like there are a lot of RRR cars that would qualify. And some that I like a lot that would not.

Thank you, good Sir.

I hunted all over the site for that information. They hide it pretty well. Or I was off my search game this morning. :rolleyes:

It looks like there are a lot of RRR cars that would qualify. And some that I like a lot that would not.

Ratcity Rukkus is also on in Vegas the same weekend every year, that's where you'll find the really ratty rat rods.

Latest posts

Back