53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude you've picked the perfect chassis for your build!!!!
I'm running a '67 c10 chassis under mine. It has the trailing arms with coils in the rear too. I zee'ed the frame 6" front and rear to get the cab to sit lower. I didn't use and drop spindles or anything in the front, just bags. The rear coils were replaced with bags too with no further modification.
If you left the factory springs in place, you'd still have a nice static drop with the zee.

My binder has a 7" chop with 3" section. I actually just got the engine set in place and was expecting the trans to be at least 12" above the floor of the cab but it's not. It's only about 4 inches.
Even with all the chop and section, I still have TONS of room in this thing.

I know your not cuttin up as much as i am, but these photos show how much you can do to make these chassis fit the bill.

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 73.jpg
    73.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 84
Been forever since I posted on this. I got disillusioned over how easy it was gonna be. But Im back on it. Fixed the gas leak today and am redoing the front end. Really want disk brakes, but no one makes any kits for IHC

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 43
Life calmed down. The twins are walking, the daughters cancer scare is over, and I have started a much easier and better paying job. Stress has gone away. Now I can go back to this project. In the couple of years it has sat around with me just looking at it longingly, I have completely changed the design in my head. So, A complete start over is coming.

Life calmed down. The twins are walking, the daughters cancer scare is over, and I have started a much easier and better paying job. Stress has gone away. Now I can go back to this project. In the couple of years it has sat around with me just looking at it longingly, I have completely changed the design in my head. So, A complete start over is coming.

[cl [cl [cl [cl [cl [cl :D [P [P
Torchie

Out of curiosity, was it very obvious that your original frame was twisting when you tried to run it? How did you notice it?
thanks and good luck on the re-do

Today I did some trading. My 350 + $125 for an explorer frame with 4 wheel disk brakes and a 302 HO automatic. Wheel base is right. so the new setup begins.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg