1940 international d-3 pick up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lochez

Just starting the build, speedway front end and the rear suspension isn't in yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpg
    IMG_3795.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3836.jpg
    IMG_3836.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3837.jpg
    IMG_3837.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3839.jpg
    IMG_3839.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3843.jpg
    IMG_3843.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 66
binder roof.

Our 46 parked behind the barn has a bubble top roof. I like yours better. A someday project. Our plans are Jag front and rear suspension, channel the body and partial chop by leaving the doors alone and lowering the windshield header, and reforming the roof top

Thanks, I think I am gonna leave the doors alone also, may shave off the center tallest point of the roof and put on a canvas top. Or something along those lines. Gonna be open wheels front and back. Eventually

Our 46 parked behind the barn has a bubble top roof. I like yours better. A someday project. Our plans are Jag front and rear suspension, channel the body and partial chop by leaving the doors alone and lowering the windshield header, and reforming the roof top
It looks like a fella could take 2 to 4 inches out of the space above the doors and bring that dome down along with the windshield. Cool idea. The surgery would be interesting, for sure.

I always thought they needed to be sectioned about 6 or 8 inches between the door hinges, too. Then lose most of the apron below the doors. Then the thing would look much better. Of course by then, it would be about right for a bit of a chop. :D Simple. Right?

See there ya go, everything on the bodies of the 40's Binders you're talking about changing, is the part I like about them :cool:
Heck just start with a 40's or 50's Ford and you'll be there, without all the work :rolleyes:
Just heckling you guys, forge on [ddd[P[P[P

binder chop

Cris Boggess, the street rod program instructor at UVU has done a couple of international chops and they look right when he is done. I haven't seen any build pictures , but watched one of his students do one when I was one of the "grandpa students" in his class... Over 65 and a residenty only cost $ 100 per class instead of over a grand the kids had to pay the college. Here is a link to one of his projects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIm3ptWE-kY

See there ya go, everything on the bodies of the 40's Binders you're talking about changing, is the part I like about them :cool:
Heck just start with a 40's or 50's Ford and you'll be there, without all the work :rolleyes:
Just heckling you guys, forge on [ddd[P[P[P
Funny you should mention about the Fords. I was thinking the same thing! By the time you did all my suggestions, you would have a Ford! At least with the binders, a fella can stand up and drive at the same time.[ddd

Last edited:
Updated pictures

Got the engine and Tranny rebuilt and placed.

Attachments

• IMG_5388.jpg
    IMG_5388.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5523.jpg
    IMG_5523.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg