37 gmc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been buying parts for the Hemi swap and purchased this yesterday

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fitech 600.JPG
    Fitech 600.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 105
Cool I have been looking at one of those for the Essex. Looking forward to how it works for you. Some of the the reviews say after sales service is terrible.

:cool: :D
I'll be watching as well. A friend of mine and I are putting together a 301 for his 64 Chevelle and he wants to run a set up like that.:eek:
Lots of posts please.[cl [cl [cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

Yea, as with any company doing a lot of sales, there will be those who have a bad experience.
It seems the people using the power adder units have the most problems, ie nitrous, blowers, etc.
I'm on the fitech forum and have been biding my time to see how the units perform.
I wanted to see how many happy customers there are. Also you don't hardly ever see any used ones for sale which is kind of a gauge too.
We have a few people around here that have them and are really happy.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not affiliated with them just a customer.

Yea, as with any company doing a lot of sales, there will be those who have a bad experience.
It seems the people using the power adder units have the most problems, ie nitrous, blowers, etc.
I'm on the fitech forum and have been biding my time to see how the units perform.
I wanted to see how many happy customers there are. Also you don't hardly ever see any used ones for sale which is kind of a gauge too.
We have a few people around here that have them and are really happy.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not affiliated with them just a customer.

Thanks Old Iron, some times it hard to weed through the BS to get the real information. Fitech is the best deal I can get up here in the GWN. The other is the MSD Atomic.

I'm interested in the AC unit. I've read good and bad about them, you never know how much is true. They look the same as the Vintage Air units, only less expensive. Going to buy one of some kind one of these days....

the only thing (thing not problem) I have noticed with the smaller VA units is, the heater core and AC evaporator are sandwiched together and come with a valve to shut off the flow through the heater core when the AC is on. this is how some imports manage airflow, through both cores and shutting off the heater core coolant either part or all the way with a "blend valve". but most GM systems keep full flow through the heater core at all times and use separate air paths and a "blend door" to keep the heat separated from the AC. its been my experience when you shut off the heater core flow its usually where a bubble can collect, and the engine temp can creep up. I have seen a vacuum controlled valve that maintains flow but removes the heater core from the loop. its $140 so I havent tried it.

I'm interested in the AC unit. I've read good and bad about them, you never know how much is true. They look the same as the Vintage Air units, only less expensive. Going to buy one of some kind one of these days....

I built a 48 GMC, installed a LS then I installed a Southern Rods Maxi ll unit in it. I used the factory compressor and he is extremely happy with it.

How do you like Hot Rod Flatz?
Sorry haven't posted here for awhile, been real busy.
The Hot Rod Flats is one of the easiest paints I've ever used.

:cool: :D
I'll be watching as well. A friend of mine and I are putting together a 301 for his 64 Chevelle and he wants to run a set up like that.:eek:
Lots of posts please.[cl [cl [cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

Cool I have been looking at one of those for the Essex. Looking forward to how it works for you. Some of the the reviews say after sales service is terrible.

The Fitech is a good product. I would be lying if I said I had an easy time getting it to run right.
This is no fault of the unit, I didn't have any experience with it and the learning curve was a little steep for me. In some cases it's not a plug and play item. Kinda like the first LS swap I done.
There's a Fitech Owners Group on Facebook that I joined and they have been a tremendous help.
I have had a good experience with the after sales support, so far.
I'm about 97 percent satisfied with this Fitech 600 now.

the only thing (thing not problem) I have noticed with the smaller VA units is, the heater core and AC evaporator are sandwiched together and come with a valve to shut off the flow through the heater core when the AC is on. this is how some imports manage airflow, through both cores and shutting off the heater core coolant either part or all the way with a "blend valve". but most GM systems keep full flow through the heater core at all times and use separate air paths and a "blend door" to keep the heat separated from the AC. its been my experience when you shut off the heater core flow its usually where a bubble can collect, and the engine temp can creep up. I have seen a vacuum controlled valve that maintains flow but removes the heater core from the loop. its $140 so I havent tried it.

Bama and joedoh
joedoh is correct they, use both cores at the same time to keep the cost and size down. The water valve on the one I have is going to get replaced as it allows a small amount of flow and will dilute the coolness of the A/C air.
I installed a Vintage Air in the 68 C10 and there isn't 10 cents worth of difference in them.

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0429181540.jpg
    0429181540.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 0429181539c.jpg
    0429181539c.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 0429181539b.jpg
    0429181539b.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 154
  • 0429181539a.jpg
    0429181539a.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 0429181539.jpg
    0429181539.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 0429181538a.jpg
    0429181538a.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 0429181538.jpg
    0429181538.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 0420180926_HDR.jpg
    0420180926_HDR.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 0420180926.jpg
    0420180926.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 0420180924.jpg
    0420180924.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 116
Yep... lovin' the dash and seat...well .... the whole truck really;)
Looks like your upholstery guy knows his stuff....should help
holding you in place when you turn that thing loose:D:D

Latest posts

Back