1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pops. I got the other side cut down and glued back together. I have a lot of rot to repair and some holes and dents. Cheaper than buying new but a lot more time consuming. [;)[;)

How much time do have in that "got lucky" part? I'll bet it wasn't luck and it was well thought out. Looks great. [cl[cl:cool::cool:

It was a process of move the axle forward to a pleasing to the eye position and enough room for the engine with out cutting the firewall. Then Figuring out the wheel base at 112" like an original 37 car or pickup. After that I wanted the bed inside dimension longer than wide and not more bed behind the axle than in front. I came up with 46" wide by 49" long.

It was a process of move the axle forward to a pleasing to the eye position and enough room for the engine with out cutting the firewall. Then Figuring out the wheel base at 112" like an original 37 car or pickup. After that I wanted the bed inside dimension longer than wide and not more bed behind the axle than in front. I came up with 46" wide by 49" long.

[cl[cl[cl
[P[P[P

I started out being in love with a '33-34' coupe grille, until I first saw my '35-36' grilled pick-up. Now the car grille pales by comparison. That grille of yours is dripping with cool. [dr:cool:

Todays project was to work on door hinges. First order of business was to remove the drivers door, it is in the worst shape. That required a lot of figuring and fighting with rust. I finally figured out that I could get to the nuts inside the A pillar and with a little heat I could remove the two inside nuts that are loose. The inside nut is attached. I had to weld a nut onto the head of the bolt in order remove them. after getting the door off I got the pins out of the hinges by heating the upper and lower part of the door side strap and quenching with a rag soaked in cold water. The pins slid right out. I had tried beating the out but they wouldn't move. The holes were worn over sized and the top of the A pillar strap was worn down. After cutting the strap open I welded the hole solid and put them in the Bridgeport and bored holes to size. I'm sorry if this is long winded but it may help someone someday. tomorrow I'm on to the passenger door.

Attachments

• DSC01428.JPG
    DSC01428.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01427.JPG
    DSC01427.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01426.JPG
    DSC01426.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01425.JPG
    DSC01425.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01424.JPG
    DSC01424.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01423.JPG
    DSC01423.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01422.JPG
    DSC01422.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01421.JPG
    DSC01421.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 22
Oh I forgot. I ordered new screws, washers, and pins. I found a couple of places that may have skins for the door bottoms and inner door bottom repair panels. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Oh I forgot. I ordered new screws, washers, and pins for the hinges. I also order rubber mounts to set the cab on. I found a couple of places that may have skins for the door bottoms and inner door bottom repair panels. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Good progress. [cl
No such thing as long winded when it tells you something.:cool: :cool:
At some point I need to address my door hinges as well. Those big Dodge doors are heavy and there is lots of slop in the hinges.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Latest posts

Back