37 Pontiac "The Puzzle"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been almost a year now that I haven't been able to do anything on the Puzzle.
But I now have a new garage and moved all my tools and equp. there and I hope to be able to get back to work soon. Now I just need a new job that lets be be home for more than a week every 3 months or so.

I can't seem to get the zoomed shot to post on here but it does look neat going down the road even if it is being towed. Was great to see it move. But now I want it channeled more.
Sorry about the pic, its from my phone I was in a big hurry and didn't think of grab'n my camera.

Attachments

• 0429101416a.jpg
    0429101416a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 110
You have no idea how bad I want to get back to it and the new shop is a step in the right direction. The problem now is my job, I travel way to much and may not be able to get restarted until September.
If you guys want more pics I have more and can post'm if you want.

Attachments

• 37 Pontiac 003.jpg
    37 Pontiac 003.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 37 Pontiac 004.jpg
    37 Pontiac 004.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 37,Pontiac 010.jpg
    37,Pontiac 010.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 37,Pontiac 016.jpg
    37,Pontiac 016.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 37,Pontiac 013.jpg
    37,Pontiac 013.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 78
OK, its been a while and I had 6 days off this week and was bound and determanded to get the new shop ready. So about 6am Monday morning I got started cleaning, wire'n lights, compressor, wielder and all the outlets and just getting set up. 3, 12 to 14 hour days later I was able to get to the car[cl
Last night I got the body off the frame for the first time ever, what a pain in the azz by myself with 2 rachet staps. I built a wood dolly to put it on and as soon as I got it set on it I knew I had to build a new frame:eek:
I did a little mock up to see what it would look like and all I can say is............I have alot more work ahead of me than I planned[;)
So here are a few shots of the new look, let me know what ya'll think and I am open to any ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 75
For some reason it wouldn't let me post more pics so I will try again.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 119
couple more. Anyone want a 37 Pontiac frame? come get it!

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 76
One more to show how tall it will be.
What really sucks is now I have to leave for a job on Sunday and won't be back till the 2nd week of Sept:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Mark's%20Coupe%202011-08-12%20005[1].jpg
    Mark's%20Coupe%202011-08-12%20005[1].jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 92
I love inline's, but that thing needs a big block!!

There's no time limit on building, you'll get there just stay focused!!!

Good luck looking great so far!!

Ya, it really should have a fat ole Hemi but its a very low buck build and that 6 in a row wil make it go just fine with trip carbs/cam and 6 straight pipes;)

First of all I'd love to have a garage where I could stand that far back to take a picture :eek::) Congrats on the new shop.

Second, the car looks awesome! [cl[cl Love the proportions, love the overhung back end and the extended front [cl While a big block might be okay I'm digging the inline look :cool: Bummer about being gone till Sept. but that's a nice shop and project to come back to :D Keep us posted [P[P[P

Thanks and ya the shop is nice now but it took 3 long long days to get it that way. There had been a wood working shop in it for over 30 years and no one had opened the doors for the last 4 years so it had saw dust evrywhere and it was inch's deep ,floor/ walls/ roof, every nook and cranny just a mess. Mold and mildew just plain rotten chit everywhere and cobb webbs evrywhere like a old haunted house and I can tell ya I pizzed off hundreds of big spyders that had taken over, even found a dead Owel:eek:. Now its ready for me when I am home, and it looks like after Sept I will have 2 months off and I hope to have a roller in that time[;).

I got home from outa town on Saturday, Sunday I was talking to a buddie about building a new frame and told him I really hated putting a new,clean,pretty frame under this, it just defeats the whole purpose of the rat thing. He said he knew of a 39 Chevy frame in a friends woods so Monday I was off to the woods. The guy said I could have it if I brought back the motor/tranny/rearend/front end.
Can you say FREE!!!![cl
Towed it home and went to work.

Attachments

• New frame 004.jpg
    New frame 004.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 83
  • New frame 002.jpg
    New frame 002.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 81
  • New frame 001.jpg
    New frame 001.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 81
Oh ya, he gave me a 46 Ford truck hood also.
Put it on and I like it! Think coffin nose Cord.
what do ya think?

Attachments

• New frame 006.jpg
    New frame 006.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 105
  • New frame 008.jpg
    New frame 008.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Back