1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nailhead performance parts will be in around Tuesday of next week so I talked to the engine builder yesterday he said when he gets them he's ready to start putting the engine together.

I'm not setting a deadline GJM but, I figure I will be driving this in 60 days :)
I received the aluminum radiator the other day and will put it in after the engine is back in it.
I'm taking the flywheel to a friend to have it resurfaced and lightened a few pounds on Monday. I have a new hydraulic throwout bearing, I'll also get a new clutch and pressure plate too.

I forgot to put a battery box in so today I built one and installed it. I put this one under the floorboard and made a removable side panel for access.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I've been working on this rear valance. This had been backed into something and was bent pretty bad. It had a u shape in the middle and twisted. I didn't know if I could save it.
attachment.php

It's now mounted to the body too
attachment.php

As you can see I also filled in the bumper holes.
attachment.php

Tomorrow I'm gonna fill the holes in the firewall then back inside for some more interior work.

Attachments

• 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 184.jpg
    184.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 152
  • 186.jpg
    186.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 187.jpg
    187.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 156
I'm really liking this ride. You're making good time on you
project, unlike some others I know. Mainly me.
You gonna have AC?
Carry on and show us how it's done.

Thanks Torchie, it was bent up so bad I almost made a new one instead.
Pops, I will be putting A/C in but it'll be a project for this winter.
Thanks or looking in.

:D I delivered the performance parts to the machine shop this morning and Jeff said the engine will be ready for me, the end of next week [cl

All looking well, are you sure that valance was bend at some point [S great work, but with a name like OldIron I would think you'd know you way around all things steel [cl

:) Ha Ha Ha, Thanks soltz
i actually had to stand on it with one foot and push the curled over part, with my other foot to even get started. Heck I surprised myself :eek:
Took the rear end housing out, took the brake parts off and cleaned everything up. I sprayed adhesive promoter on the bare parts and painted all of them today :cool:
The center of the housing is what it looked like when I first started.

attachment.php

Cleaned
attachment.php

Then painted
attachment.php

Center section
attachment.php

I painted the pinion carrier, pinion yoke and brake calipers too.
I will go to C&M Gear Works and get the bearing for the rear end and put it together tomorrow.
I already have all the tools and dial calipers.
I'll be installing 3.50 gears on a posi unit that I rebuild about a year ago for the wife's 56 Chevy. We sold it to a guy that's been after us for 5 or 6 years so now it's MINE all MINE ha ha ha :p

Attachments

• 188.jpg
    188.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 190.jpg
    190.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 136
Nice, Nice Old Iron. Whatever works.
I've done a roof or two laying on my back on the seat and pushing out the dents with my feet.:eek:
Torchie.

Rear end

Hi Old Iron, this is an amazing thread, it's like watching an evolution. I will be watching for the finale. I was wondering, what did you do with the old rear end, I'm in need for one for my stock Sedan, thanks, Rick.

Attachments

• Pontiac 4.JPG
    Pontiac 4.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 42
Hi Rick, thanks for looking in and the kind words.
Nice looking 33. I still have the rear end, trans and engine.
Rolled freely when I loaded and unloaded it on my trailer.
Where are you located?

I took all the hang on parts off the car today. Cleaned, primed and painted all them semi gloss black.
After doing that, I rebuilt the 9" Ford rear and got the housing ready by filling the lower part of the mating surface, because of some pitting, with JB Weld. Tomorrow I'll file the JB down smooth and install the third member into the housing.

Hers the third member from behind. The yellow stuff is marking grease to check setup.
attachment.php

Not too bad of a pattern
attachment.php

I used red Loctite on the ring gear bolts.
attachment.php

This is the results
attachment.php

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 192.jpg
    192.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 193.jpg
    193.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 194.jpg