Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When was the last time u saw one of these puppies on da streets?!?

BoB

I had a guy working for me a long time ago that bought one of those brand new. He was a kid and got it with god knows what, turbo,supercharger, extra squirrels, or something, but that little piece would flat haul butt! A brief 2 weeks was all he had it before a pole jumped right in front of him while he was haulin butt! No injuries, just ego hurt and no more car!..:D..CR

Elky!

Saw this nice Elky in traffic!

Attachments

• redelky.jpg
    redelky.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 54
w207341213.jpg

I was out the other day and found this big monster. It is a Checker Aerobus, unsure of the vintage. There were 5 other Checker cabs laying around. They were in pretty sad shape. I was thinking of seeing about obtaining one, maybe once my tax refund comes back :) I always wanted a Checker.

Im an idiot. I drive my motorcycle at 20 degrees out with not much protection from the wind, so wen mines done I'll drive the crap outta it. RR:D

w207341213.jpg

I was out the other day and found this big monster. It is a Checker Aerobus, unsure of the vintage. There were 5 other Checker cabs laying around. They were in pretty sad shape. I was thinking of seeing about obtaining one, maybe once my tax refund comes back :) I always wanted a Checker.

That beast is so ugly it's cool!

Thunder1

Holy cow Batman!!!

Dudes... you don't see this too often. I got my '57 Ranchero runnin' again & was goin' over to the car wash & here's what I saw. I've seen cars turned over on the freeway but never on a surface street. Someone was really movin'!!! WHOA!!!

BoB

Attachments

• wreck.jpg
    wreck.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 128
Dudes... you don't see this too often. I got my '57 Ranchero runnin' again & was goin' over to the car wash & here's what I saw. I've seen cars turned over on the freeway but never on a surface street. Someone was really movin'!!! WHOA!!!

BoB

let see. cell phone + traffic light= brain not being able to do two things at once.

Its make you wonder what people are doing or thinking any more. That stuff is getting more common around here. Glad I retired from the Fire Department.

I have a parking lot for a funeral home next door to me. There are curb stops and an alley between my house and the parking lot. So far this year my house was hit three times. Want to talk a bout a underware changing even. Setting there watching tv and all of a sudden you here a motor start to race and through the window behind the TV you see head lights jump up in the air and a 1/2 second later a loud bang and the house start shaking.

Last night I watch a lady in a mini van try to park in the end spoton the other side of the parking lot. She tried six times before she got it parked and even then she was side ways. One time she was between the entrance post and the bank, out on the side walk and almost in the street. That parking lot make for some good free entertainment. Then there the Bar parking lot across the street.

Also I live on a dead end street. It goes up to the Borough pool. One night there were two guys going at it with there car. They were taking turn running into each other. Here the one guy cut the other guy off then he went down the street to get away not knowing there was no way out.
Free demo Derby. Full size Chevy Pickup and a PT cruiser. Dam cop showed up and spoiled all the fun.

Yep If I ever move I will miss all of the free entertainment.

Last edited:
Ck this Tesla's license plate!

Tripper Jr took this freeway shot of a Tesla in Austin yesterday! Ck the license plate! Kool!!!

BoB

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 108
Here are two I saw on the street the last couple of daze. Hardly ever see any Mustang II's anymore!

BoB

Attachments

• elky.jpg
    elky.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 45
  • MII.jpg
    MII.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 44
Saw this nice Falcon while crusin' the freeway the other day! Sweeeet!

BoB

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 51
Saw this coming home from work....ahhhh no....I wasn't going 90 trying to keep up with him to take the pic....well not that I'll admit (but don't worry when he was getting off the turnpike he had to slow down to a more reasonable 45 as he was exiting....when I got the pic). It's a Lamborgini....I think a Mercilago (or how every you spell it)

IMG_0177.jpg

Then a few miles further I saw this....was a pretty cool ride home that day

IMG_0178.jpg

gas milage

I would drive one of my cars to work if there was a safe place to park it. I have to park in a public parking lot. I also have to use my car for work and can't afford the gas bill. My Biscayne only gets 7 miles to the gallon. My dailey driver was a 2500 Dodge Ram but since I had to start using my car for work, I got a Toyota Yaris. Gas bill went from $200 a month to $40 a month.

if i was on your side of the atlantic i would be running a corvette LS engine in my rod.very quick,reliable and very economical.my c5 vette regularly gives 26-30 mpg on long runs without trying too hard.our gallons are a little bigger than yours.my sbc was doing 14 by comparisson.thats a big hole in the pocket over a weekends driving

Latest posts

Back