new project in the yard.......1919 Oakland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankthebigdog

I found this at a swap meet half way across the US . The day before I found it my wife says " I want a roadster or a T bucket" , shortly followed by my response of "I ain't building a durn topless". Well, long story short, ........... Here is the newest addition to the orphanage. 1919 Oakland, with a clear title. Just a unit body as it was called, but a good start if you have a vivid imagination, time, and a stack of money. I have very little of all of those, but ,by golly, we have a topless touring car now.
I will start a build thread as it gets moved toward the shop in a few weeks maybe.

Attachments

• 1919 oakland 016.jpg
    1919 oakland 016.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 1919 oakland 017.jpg
    1919 oakland 017.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 1919 oakland 018.jpg
    1919 oakland 018.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 67
I was drawn to the Willys Ute project and honestly didn't look at the other bodies. The swap meet at Frog Follies is great.

I was drawn to the Willys Ute project and honestly didn't look at the other bodies. The swap meet at Frog Follies is great.

I have been there the last three years in the Studebaker. I love their swap. I actually walked down there to see the Ute, but was drawn to the orphan beside her.

Plans are...........get it home, look it over and find a frame from something in the yard or build one. Not to sure yet on the power plant , but ........, who knows. I have a peppy little 4 cyl mercruiser that would just make it cool, but I have a big block chevy also.
Honestly, I will have to put my hands on her, caress her and handle her a bit and hopefully she will tell me what the plans are. [ddd [ddd [ddd [cl

It looks small next to that Willys. It probably doesn't need much motor to be fun.

Isn't Oakland the brand that turned into Pontiac?

It looks small next to that Willys. It probably doesn't need much motor to be fun.

Isn't Oakland the brand that turned into Pontiac?

yes sir. I think around 1930 or 31. I am thinking of maybe even trying to find some TALL tires and wheels for a newer model frame to keep the original look, just safer on the road. Who Knows what will happen![S

It's kinda hard to hide late model frame or suspension on something that old unless you go full late 60's street rod and put jag stuff under it ( people will still see if she and irs, but it will be cool).

I'd stick 32-ish ford style stuff under it.

Latest posts

Back