-- January Picture Contest -- OLD SCHOOL DRAG RACING

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
-- January Picture Contest -- OLD SCHOOL DRAG RACING
Judge - lowbudget50

RULES
----------
-This is a car site, let's keep the pics about cars.
-Don't use other UDS members pictures. That just wouldn't be right.
-Open to Anyone.
-You can use any picture from anywhere.
-The picture needs to show in the submission thread - not just links to other websites.
-One picture per person.
-Try to keep the picture average size. - don't blow out my screen or make it too small to see.
-NO PEOPLE, PETS, or PROFANITY. - stuff that happens to be in the background is OK. People in cars are OK.
- No pictures previously used in this or older Sam Fear Contests.
- Winner is next months Judge.
- NO PRIZES.

Submission thread closes 3AM Jan 21st.

If you have a question or a problem posting pics, ask.

Last edited:
I'm not a Bing fan, but I do like it's image search. It gives you optional categories to search and is good for casually surfing pics.

9d58e24deca48c067fde6421aed1f102.jpg

Wow Old Iron - the longer I look at that pic, the more questions I have! Dual flatheads - are they blown? Looks like a Dana axle maybe?

Yes they were.
The one on the front was driven off the front of the crank and the rear was driven off the 3 fan belts you see
If you don't want this post you can delete it but, here's a big pic of the car.
Stan Lomelino is the owner

1390916044109-stan3.jpg

Did I miss something?

I'm not sure how to get across to everyone that the pics should relate to what Undead Sleds is about. Example - the last round we had a USA flag pic - great pic, but it's not car related in any way. But on the otherhand, I wouldn't mind a pic of a airplane assembly line, bicycle, or parts sculpture. How to get that idea across.... hmmm....

My apologies to earthman. (At my age, I should know when to keep my mouth shut!)

Sam: Your title for this round is, OLD SCHOOL DRAG RACING with a short list of rules. I have no interest in breaking your rules and I've enjoyed every round of your contests.

I don't know what else to say. I support every member of this forum and I try to follow the rules as best I can...

attachment.php

Attachments

• cc 392.jpg
    cc 392.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 171
Well, if those two were drag racing and not board track racing, then it fits this months theme. ...and that's Lowbudget50's part to judge. :p

Doc, you made it obvious to me I'm not communicating very well. My fault. (I'm trying to out apologize a Canadian :rolleyes:) I need to find better wording to keep the pics Undead Sleds-centric as a whole while still allowing outside-the box ideas. So, for example your Banff pic - if the cars weren't in the pic, it would have still fit the "snow" theme, but not the overall idea of Undead Sleds since there wouldn't be anything really car related in the pic. If the pic was taken from the middle of the street and showed a bunch of tire tracks, that would slide it back into the realm of 'car related' (in my opinion).

Everyone - Don't think of this as Sam Fears contest, think of it as every-bodies contest and I'm just the guy that keeps the paperwork in order (because somebody has to). This isn't the "Sam Fear Serious Photo Contest" I run with an iron fist during the summer, it's the UDS For Fun Internet Picture Contest". So if somebody has an opinion on something, let it be known. I figure, since there aren't prizes involved, we can be real loose on the rules to get as many involved as possible. Also think of it as a "good reason" to waste time looking for cool pics on the web. :D

Speaking of, would it be helpful to anyone to explain how to use image searches or how to link images, etc? I know there are some not so computer savvy people on here. So if if anyone has problems with anything like that, bring it up - there are probably others that have the same issue.

Last edited:
Sam, there's a bunch of us that just love this stuff! It's fun to me to see it all. Personally, I don't know why there is not more participation. There are still some of the members that are't real clear on how to post the full size pics or just don't take the extra steps for what ever reason. It might help to add a link to the method used to post the pics right on the "rules" page. Once you do it a few times it's pretty easy to do. A contest like this one should encourage people that may not do the camera thing...you can snag some pretty good entries from the innertube!:D

Is that the guy called "Wild Willie"? If it's the same guy he used to launch with one hand on the wheel and one on the passenger door. He'd get out of shape and call it all back in....

Latest posts

Back