Finally own a hot rod and better yet a rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvlifenow

I have been fascinated by custom autos since I was 8 years old when I would go down to the local drugstore and thumb through Rod and Custom, Car Craft, Hot Rod, etc. Although every single car and truck I ever had was somewhat special and customized; I never had an actual hot rod. I just bought one from a friend for $350 (less motor/trans/front axle) in my retirement and am more excited than a kid. It is a 37 Dodge panel.

Last edited:
I guess I am doing this correctly.

Thought I would post a few pictures of my new RAT ROD (Wooooo eeeeee) and a few of recent projects and one of my old Z car from 30 years ago so you would know where I am coming from. This is a stripped out Scotty camper I converted to a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville Beach Cruiser/Bar you can set up in 3 minutes when you get to your destinaton, an 1977 ambulance with a 1991 front cab on it, and my display case of models such as the Ala Kart, Kookie roadster, John Milner coupe, Gartlits, Thompson, etc. All of the biggies when I was a teenager. I hope I haven't bored you, but I am introducing myself. GLAD TO BE HERE WITH YOU LUCKY GUYS WITH ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND GARAGES AND GREAT TOOLS AND SUCH, as I live in a park model rv park and now wish I had my garage back.

Attachments

• dodge ft.jpg
    dodge ft.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Dodge left rear.jpg
    Dodge left rear.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Scotty front.JPG
    Scotty front.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Scotty inside.JPG
    Scotty inside.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Scotty Rear Bar.JPG
    Scotty Rear Bar.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Scotty bar open rear window x.jpg
    Scotty bar open rear window x.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Harley Trike left rear.jpg
    Harley Trike left rear.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 20
  • New ones 004.jpg
    New ones 004.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Scotty rear bar low.JPG
    Scotty rear bar low.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Display Shelf 2.jpg
    Display Shelf 2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 21
Sorry Z car picture did not post

Earlier, I referred to my old Z car from 30 years ago and the pic did not post so here it is.

Attachments

• My old Z car.jpg
    My old Z car.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 6
Concrete

I like to stick with the mechanical things I am proficient in and I have found that a concrete block is sometimes the upper threshold of my talent. Sometimes I have an extra beer or two and the block does not come out as planned.

My engine

Well my ambulance has a totally rebuilt 300 straight six with a totally rebuilt trans that all together has about 300 miles on them. When I say rebuilt I mean every conceivable part down to bolts, belts, filters, brackets, covers, paint, starter, battery, cables, radiator, etc. I was thinking about using it or trading it for a small block chevy which would bolt right in. I am thinking the inline would be too long.

Its hard to tell by you're pics but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to put the inline in it. That would be a whole lot of reliability, and drivability with the six. Thats quite a few bilities isn't it?

I would much rather use the six

If anyone thinks it would fit without doing much more than new mounts and driveshaft let me know as I think it would be a little more unique with the six with a wild intake and header. I don't have it in the yard yet so I can't measure anything yet.

I also have a thread under "Front suspension" trying to identify the front axle.

Latest posts

Back