Alingment Specs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may want to post what vehicle you need specs for. Then maybe someone has a service manual for that car or could point you in the right direction.

76 Dodge ramcharger. im looking for the toe specs. I was thinking it would be about 1/4 of an inch or so. oh and it's a 4x4.

I don't have your specs, but I'm an old alignment guy and a 4 x 4 guy and would suggest 1/8" toe in with wheel bearings repacked. May depend on oversized tires or not.

If you can wait till monday I'll bet I can find it. However, I'd be willing to bet 1/8" in, like 401ton said is either spot on or really close and would work fine. I'd be more concerned about caster and camber.

If you can wait till monday I'll bet I can find it. However, I'd be willing to bet 1/8" in, like 401ton said is either spot on or really close and would work fine. I'd be more concerned about caster and camber.

Caster and camber aren't easily adjustable on a solid 4 x 4 front axle unless you get the offset sleeves for the ball joints/king pins for camber or install wedges for leaf springs for caster adjustment. If it has been lifted, tapered wedges maybe needed.

It is lifted and dose have the wedges in it. I just put new tie rods on it and just want it in the ballpark some where. she's just an old mud/hunting truck.

It is lifted and dose have the wedges in it. I just put new tie rods on it and just want it in the ballpark some where. she's just an old mud/hunting truck.

I would still set toe in at 1/8". Measure tire tread as high up as you can and the same place front and rear and side to side. Don't worry about caster unless you have a wandering issue or driveshaft problems. Don't worry about camber unless you can see the tire leaning in or out. It would still be a good idea to pack and adjust your wheel bearings ahead of time.

I have to agree with the rest of the guys. I've twisted wrenches at dealerships for years. The only thing that sticks in my mind that hasn't changed is 1/8" toe in. Pretty much the standard for all vehicles. (at least the older ones)

I agree

I am a wheel alignment tech. I set EVERYTHING RWD/4x4 to 2.0mm toe in, and front tugs to 3mm.....REGARDLESS OF SPECIFICATION. Only way to guarantee the insid edges dont get ripped out....

1/8th is Kind of a standard in the industry if you're running aggressive tires another 1/16 won't hurt...1/8 to 3/16th... i think that goes with the 2 and 3 mm suggested by our friend in new z

Latest posts

Back