Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much going on right now. Been doing some home improvement stuff, still have more to do soon. I did get a mandrel bent 180* and J tube to cut up to reroute my left exhaust, but haven't had time to get the car back in the shop and start on it again. Starting to get too cool to do much out there anyways, I don't fare as well in colder temps as I did when I was younger.

Well, nearly 4 months later, I finally got the car back into the work area and up off the ground. Took out the driveshaft and carried it to a driveline shop today to get retubed. Temps went back down, so it will be next weekend at the earliest before I can get back under it to start rerouting the exhaust. Looking at 70° temps by then! Waiting on my tax refund to order 4 tires for it as well. Maybe I can get some stuff done in the near future before show season starts.

Not much going on right now. Been doing some home improvement stuff, still have more to do soon. I did get a mandrel bent 180* and J tube to cut up to reroute my left exhaust, but haven't had time to get the car back in the shop and start on it again. Starting to get too cool to do much out there anyways, I don't fare as well in colder temps as I did when I was younger.

THAT! :( You are not alone. I'm getting less and less fond of cold weather myself. Slows down the build! Looking forward to a climate controlled shop one day hopefully soon! :cool:

Warmer weather finally got here and I finally got something done. Started in Friday, pulled the left manifold and headpipe. After fifteen dozen times putting the manifold on and off and measuring and cutting and welding, I finally have the exhaust high enough it will no longer drag on speed bumps. Lots of pie cutting and welding and grinding going on. Plenty of clearance everywhere, no small feat considering where it had to run. Also did a rework on the shift linkage, it feels much better now. Driveline shop didn't call, so I guess it will be another week before they are done with the driveshaft. Tires should be here this week, have to get them mounted up. Updates to come.

Attachments

• DSCF1501.jpg
    DSCF1501.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1502.jpg
    DSCF1502.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1503.jpg
    DSCF1503.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1504.jpg
    DSCF1504.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 12
Isn't exhaust work fun? Could say it is "exhausting". It looks like you pie cut your way to success. Good going.

I really like the 4 truck pics on the March page of the calendar.

Isn't exhaust work fun? Could say it is "exhausting". It looks like you pie cut your way to success. Good going.

I really like the 4 truck pics on the March page of the calendar.

Thanks Bob. I like doing exhaust work, except the parrt of laying on your back looking through a set of bifocals trying to make sure you cut enough!

[cl :D :cool: :cool:
[P[P[P[P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie! Good to see your still out and about!

That’s a tight fit :eek:
You did a great job[cl

Yes sir soltz, wasn't much room to play with. I was thinking a set of custom built header's couldn't be much worse!

Nice job Bama, persistence pays off.👍👍

Thanks Glen. Don't know if it's persistence or stubborness! :D

Pull your skirt down, your pipes are showing.
Nice job.

I hate speed bumps. Our county idiots put a speed bump right in front of our gate!! The next week they put one 1/4 miles south. Seems some one with a skid steer scraped the first one off and removed it.

It made good fill for the hole created by my irrigation ditch turn out!

Tires came in today. Two were the wrong size. :( Apparently when I bought them off eBay, I clicked on 14" instead of 15". :mad: My goof up. I think I can sell them pretty easily though, so it should work out. Ordered two more tonight, the correct size.:rolleyes: Can't put them on until next weekend anyway, but it's supposed to be cold again :mad:, so it may be a couple of weeks.

Have gotten the new wheels and tires mounted and on the car. Picked up my retubed driveshaft today, just over $200 with two new U joints installed. Well happy with the price even if it did take a week longer than thought. Paint is drying on it, so no pics just yet, maybe some by Sunday. Going to try and get it put in tomorrow and get off the stands and test drive it.

Latest posts

Back