Old Wing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the issue on the tank?

is it a fabrication issue or welding issue or what?

I'll TIG it up for you if thats the issue...

I appreciate the offer.

pretty much the welding it up deal. and I should have done things a little differently, its kind of challenging. Trying to get all the lines right and seemed up well. just tired of doing. I have a couple guys at work that offered to TIG it for me, but I am to stubborn to let some one else do it for me. I just keep working on it til I get frustrated then stop and do something else until I feel better about it. It isn't coming along bad, get lots of compliments on how it looks, but just frustrating.

Mounted the pipes last night, primered the top of tank, put in the headlight, and did a couple other things. Here is her look last night.

2012-10-21_18-57-45_525.jpg

2012-10-21_18-57-57_701.jpg

Darn.....looks pretty good to me....!!!

How can you be frustrated with nice work? I understand the working on one thing for so long wears you down....but the outcome is outstanding.....JMHO..

Tank bungs showed up yesterday. Got the fender mounted up in the back good and solid, sorry DR you will hate me for how I did it....... Still going to have to do some more work to it in a couple spots but I think it looks good.

2012-10-24_19-04-39_328.jpg

Actually I like it, one of the bikes I liked best from the chopper show was that black widow bike they did.... but yea, I think sometimes people get carried away with the spider webs..

I think yours is nice and clean!

Thanks DR. I am trying to keep the whole thing kind of clean, and I want it to sort of match the dodge. My plan is to take them both to shows together..... I hope......

we definitely gotta get to some shows next season... gonna try like hell to get mine road worthy by spring...

I am hoping mine is ready too. If I fix my trans leak and do just a couple other things it should be good to go! But I really want the bike to be ready for the street too so who knows.

ordered gas caps for the tank, also got the filler necks in..... But then realized a rookie mistake. Ordered 2 vented filler necks..... which of course all you motorcyclists know will never work on the left side of the tank. Ordered a different one for the left side. Now just need to finish welding the dumb thing!

One more spot to finish on the bottom of the tank, then put in the fillers and leak check..... fingers crossed. In the mean time I started working on some of the electrical relocating. Made a plate to mount the voltage regulator and what not under the tank. Want to keep as much of that stuff hidden as I can. Gas caps showed up in the mail friday and so did the sealed filler. Going to be a while before I can get back to work on this though.

welll........ Baby steps............. drilled holes............ :D

2012-11-30_16-11-56_459.jpg

After I saw that..... I had an imediate idea. Might try and draw it out and see how it looks. Then I will let you guys know if I will do it...... or try anyway.

Latest posts

Back