Old Wing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally bought a new grinder so maybe I can/will get back to working on this. Another one of those things that I want to get done for this coming summer......

Well like I said it is time to get back on this. I sat out in the cold yesterday using my welder as a heater, finally finished the last section on the tank. Need to finish grinding some of it up and put in the bungs on the bottom then it is on to leak check time. But, who knows when I will actually get to do that, this two jobs things is killing me right now.

Yes DR that is the plan. Where I am at now is starting to get to me. I want out bad. No space, all my stuff is stored at friends houses. No real shop. Just can't stand it anymore. But I am socking away cash hard right now so hopefully soon I can pack up my stuff and move on down the road.

Anyway hopefully this bike will hit the road this summer. If not the wife and I were out Monday looking at bikes....... maybe I will be buying one soon. Of course doing that though gets in the way of buying a house.

the B-King is not my kind of bike. Since I am so cheap, I am more of a yama-Davidson or Honda-Davidson kind of guy. Been looking at a couple Yamaha Silverado 1700s. But yes I should buy the house first and that is what I keep telling myself and am concentrating on.

180hp at the tire... anyhow, it would be a good powerplant for a smaller rat =)

Yea, but just not my kind of bike...........

This past weekend scored a couple parts for the Oldwing. Got a set of floorboardsd with heel toe shifters and found a brand new in the box battery for it for $45!!! That was like half price!

Baby steps.......

I did put the one floor board on to get a feel for the look. Not sure if I like it, but will determine that a little later.

IMG_20130205_155122_410_zps9271e96c.jpg

I did put the drain bungs in the bottom of the tank.... then....... like any other day, I skewed off on a tangent......

Any thoughts?
IMG_20130304_145754_159_zps1ba97d5a.jpg

Of course I would try and do it much nicer, not sure yet if I would pound out some sheet to form up the teeth or anything or just trace it out with the welder.... What do you guys think??

I would say that if the tank was more of a skull

shape, it would work really nice....It might look a lot different if it was 3D like you said with the weld.....I'm sure you have it in your mind .....just not in the sharpie....lol...idea is cool though....

Just curious...have you put fuel in you tank yet? If not I would suggest a liquid tank liner that will seal it from the inside out. I like what you are doing with the 'Wing.

Just curious...have you put fuel in you tank yet? If not I would suggest a liquid tank liner that will seal it from the inside out. I like what you are doing with the 'Wing.

I plan to leak check it with water or something first..... but I also picked up a POR15 tank sealer kit, just to be sure.

Latest posts

Back