1937 Chevy Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three days later... pictures are loading and the cat isn't helping me on the keyboard tonight, yet...

We had this crude connecting rod column mount... perfect for the column placement and its tube size, but too crude for the finished car we hope to have in the end...

So, we made a clamshell, sheetmetal enclosure for the con rod...

attachment.php

Tacked to the rod and cap, split where they split...

attachment.php

No pictures in between, but you get the idea.

The finished piece from a couple angles...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Crappy photo, due to my shaky hand and the ignorant drop/trouble light shining in my eye... anyhow, you can see the hole underneath, where a deep socket can reach inside, start and tighten the cap nuts.

attachment.php

Attachments

• column drop2.JPG
    column drop2.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 50
  • column drop5.JPG
    column drop5.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 48
  • column drop7.JPG
    column drop7.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 49
  • column drop9.JPG
    column drop9.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 49
  • column drop6.JPG
    column drop6.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 49
Nice! When something turns out that good, it doesn't matter how long it takes.....sometimes the longer the better....like a fine wine, or even........yadda yadda yadda!

Thank You for your comments and compliments, guys.

Very nice work Doc, I bet that took a full day to make.

It took a few hours, but we needed something you can't buy with a credit card and a catalogue.

Doc's Drops, LTD.[cl

We're not likely to enter the market, but we understand what it takes to compete. We pay ourselves 25 cents a day and take a 5 minute lunch break, complete with a bowl of rice and a cup of tainted water. :p

Latest posts

Back