1937 Chevy Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't view it either soltz...

Torchie, quite some style changes there. Outside of light brown turning to chrome, my look has remained the same....confused...:D for the last 30-35 years. I let it go until it gets in the way. The other day I ran over some hair on a creeper, cut some of that off along with 4" of beard that night....still look like some dam ZZ Top fanatic....maybe I am!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIZWjItReI

I'll take the one with the fox tail driving the truck...[dr

I've had mine long, real long, short, gone, and a combination of all of the above, but this is by far the look that I get the most crap over...things got weird in New Mexico in 1980. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• whatta mug.jpg
    whatta mug.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 84
Dozer: I'm holding you responsible for this hair business. (Thanks for nothing. I'll get even with you, sooner or later. ;))

Torchie: You win the variety award, hands down!

Once upon a time, there was a thread... in the BS lounge? I'll start another and I dare everyone here to post their mug shots there...

chevy looks great Doc... :cool::D

Thanks, dutch. I wish I had your sheet metal skills!

torchie in corn rows is gonna be my go-to pick-me-up for a while :D

Yeah. Sure. Make fun of the handicapped guy.[ddd
Here I thought it would be the one of me in front of my TeePee with the coyote pelt on my head.:D
I actually liked the dreads but like Smallfoot mentioned about getting his pony tail caught in the creeper wheels, It got to be a hassle.
My youngest was becoming a licensed cosmetologist so I used to let her practice stuff on me.
Lets get back to the build....Shall we.:p
Torchie

Lets get back to the build....Shall we.:p
Torchie

We shall. :D

Back on the coupe. B-tard is away for a couple weeks, but I spent a few hours in his shop yesterday. There's a TON of welding to be done and a few pieces to fit and fabricate... I chose to fit first, weld later...

Originally fit like my crayon lines below, the bar was nothing but in the way when were fitting the exhaust...

attachment.php

So, I fit the bar as seen, welded it up and spent another hour or two welding some of the many, many unfinished joints...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

When we return to action, we'll duplicate the bar on the other side, weld, weld, weld, weld, weld and hopefully, have a completed chassis before the world ends. [;) [;) [;) [;) [;)

Attachments

• chassis10.JPG
    chassis10.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 54
  • chassis12 - Copy.JPG
    chassis12 - Copy.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 54
  • chassis17.JPG
    chassis17.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 54
  • chassis9.JPG
    chassis9.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 54
  • chassis16.JPG
    chassis16.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 54
ummm I`m not sure I read engines in this thread.... it`s going to carry a 10000hp rocket engine, right...? :eek:

personally I`m a big fan of over-engineering [cl

Thank You for your comments, fellas!

Today, we finished our little baby trans mount. It'll be cross-bolted, two vertical bolts, four horizontal, complete with wrap around gussets...

attachment.php

We also have the front end of our "truss" completely fit and mostly welded. You'll notice the right side is not like the left side. This asymmetrical nonsense can be accounted to our mortal enemy, the header...

attachment.php

Getting closer. I welded a hundred joints today, only six or seven hundred left to go...

Attachments

• chassis20 - Copy.JPG
    chassis20 - Copy.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 48
  • chassis20.JPG
    chassis20.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 46
Looks great Dr. C. It's amazing how much welding there is on a chassis.[;) Hope you didn't catch your hair on fire.:D

Latest posts

Back