What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your dog. Ours are 16 and 13. The 16 year old has had better days.
Back to the thread: i widened my wheel wells and started building a floor around my rear suspension today.

Dropped off the old wheels and tires that are sold, and picked up the front rims to match the rears... Just need some TLC & paint work and some tires now.

Got slew motor and gear reduction back together on the excavator only to find out that the teethe on the slew ring have stress cracks in them. guess i'm gonna sell that one. 16 year old daughter got in her first accident. she is ok and nobody else involved so that's a good thing. spent last night and most of this morning straightening out my truck and aligning the front end. it hit hard enough to push the right front spring hanger back and shift the cab forward on the passenger side and knock the passenger side battery out of it's clamp. but not set off the air bag. It knocked the toe out and put the steering wheel 90 degrees off.

Got a new car!

I took delivery of this over the weekend....'26 Dodge Brothers five window coupe. I traded my Galaxie for it. I spent the rest of the weekend thinking of stuff to change. ;)

Attachments

• 26_dodge.jpg
    26_dodge.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 30
worked on this lump...[cl

Attachments

• jjtruck2.jpg
    jjtruck2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 44
  • jjtruck1.jpg
    jjtruck1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 36
I finally drove the Albatross that has been around my neck for months, the Cadillac DeVille, out of my garage for the first time this weekend ! [cl Still a few bugs to work out (the security system doesn't recognize me, AC needs recharged, etc.) but it is basically done. I am soooooo tired of looking at that car, wish I had never gotten involved with it.

Dan and I cleaned and organized the shop and now he can get back on his Mustang project and I can get back on my rpu project. I got some gift certificates at car places for Christmas, so I can order some bits and pieces I need, and can start taking suspension stuff to the powder coater.

I also called the machine shop that has my 350 Chevy drag motor and they say they will be done mid this week, so I can pick that up too. It will go on an engine stand for a while, that is a long term project, but I can start assembling it at my leasure.

But first the rpu has to get done, and that is my main focus right now. Pictures to follow ! :D:D

Don

There's some serious parts in the rear of that truck, jfg455.

Way to go Don. I sure wouldn't want a project like that. Way to stick with it.

There's some serious parts in the rear of that truck, jfg455.

What is mostly hidden under the hood is a Blown 408 LS3 based motor making 857 rear wheel HP...[dr

Attachments

• jacott truck 7.jpg
    jacott truck 7.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 25
Built this for my son's bedroom.
Not much hot rod progress here for a while... [S

Attachments

• 1545042_595630210492379_629956649_n.jpg
    1545042_595630210492379_629956649_n.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
You built that ? Wow, very professional looking piece. I notice the fuzzy dice, trying to start him as a hot rodder early, huh ? :D

Gonna pick up my 350 finally from the machine shop and put it in a corner until I need it for my next project. I plan on starting back on the rpu today, maybe just pull the body and bed off and see what needs done on the frame yet before I paint it.

Body work is on my list of things to do to it, and I HATE body work. At least it is a little body so it won't be like doing a full size car.

Don

Latest posts

Back